• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SIBO / Dysbiosis herbal treatment

ljimbo423

Did you have any staphylococcus @ljimbo423 ?

The test didn't include staphylococcus. This is my protocol you asked about-
I started with 25 days of Rifaximin. I have been taking herbal antibiotics- ceylon cinnamon, thyme, oil of oregano, holy basil, and neem, daily for 9 months, along with glutamine, colostrum, a low carb diet. and probiotics.

After 6 months I added in prebiotics to feed the probiotic bacteria in my gut.

I also take 3 grams of omega 3's (epa/dha) and 500mg curcumin daily for gut inflammation and inflammation in general. I often feel almost completely normal, with the only noticeable symptom being a very minor headache.

I still get PEM if I do more than 4-6 hours of physical activity. It's hard to put into words though, how much my quality of life has improved!!

Jim

Hey all,

Since two months I am on the SIBO (+Dysbiose) herbal protocol:
- FC Cidal (Biotics) 2x2/day
- Disbiocide (Biotics) 2x2/day
- Caprystatin 2x2/day

During this treatment I also did 14 days Avelox because I had very high Bacteroidetes (40%)
I am still feeling like crap most of the days and I notice it very good 20 minutes after I took the herbs.
Should I continue this herbals?
PS: my tongue got really black after 3 weeks of Ciprofloxacin for Prostatitis infection (this was June 2017)

I also accept this protocol, but for now I feel good. The poorest ingredient is Capristatin.

I plan to remove it. Usually I tell KDM what I want to cancel, and he agrees.

Banana94

I also accept this protocol, but for now I feel good. The poorest ingredient is Capristatin.

I plan to remove it. Usually I tell KDM what I want to cancel, and he agrees.

Why did he prescribed you this herbal protocol for SIBO? what kind of overgrowth do you have?
@Olena

Is there a test for SIBO? He never told me that I have SIBO and I don't think I have SIBO symptoms.
My digestive problems is actually only poor stool quality and itching after bowel movement.
Don't have bloating, cramps, stomachache and also I don't respond well on Betain HCL.

But I know that KDM told other patients that if you have high bacteroidetes (about 45%, instead of <10%) than they will also be in the small intestine.

Currently I'm taking Ornidazol and I think I respond pretty well. But there will me more ABX courses needed.

I have the confirmation of Arminlabs Lyme Elispot (low) and many symptoms of brucellosis (there is no confirmation on the analysis Red labs). But KDM does not risk giving me antibiotics, because strong immunodeficiency in macrophages and nk cells, and high candida(.
The stool analysis showed the growth of clostridia, and I asked for an herbal protocol.

Banana94

I have the confirmation of Arminlabs Lyme Elispot (low) and many symptoms of brucellosis (there is no confirmation on the analysis Red labs). But KDM does not risk giving me antibiotics, because strong immunodeficiency in macrophages and nk cells, and high candida(.
The stool analysis showed the growth of clostridia, and I asked for an herbal protocol.
How did he checked your immunodeficieny in macrophages an nk cells? Which bloodtests arent in the range?

Hello. In the year 2017 I had Methane-SIBO for the first time in my life. Dyspepsia, bloating, constipation, it's terrible. The motilex drug (clebopride) didn't work at all. I suspected, thanks to this forum, that it was a Methane-SIBO, the one which gives constipation ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28323273https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28323273). The lactulose breath test for my Italian doctors was negative but from the breath test using the North American Consensus, my results were positive. I started a 30-day cycle for 3 times (so 3 months total), with every cycle composed by 10 days 1200mg/die rifaximin and 20 days of probiotics (enterolactis Italian product, which is B-group vitamins and Lactobacillus Casei EG species.

estratto-breath-test-lattulosio-fabio-metano-sibo.png

The therapy worked but every 12 months I have the same problem (Methane-SIBO) despite a SIBO-diet. The question for you is: am I the only one experiencing a lot of fatigue and increased hypersomnia during rifaximin treatment? It seems that I'm the only one :/
Any other experience? Thank you to all.

Has anybody else got experience of the SIBO herbal protocol of Dysbiocide, FC Cidal and Caprystatin that @Aubry originally posted about?
I have been prescribed this also, however after reading some of the comments on this thread about it, I am thinking twice about embarking upon that journey!

renski

Might be better to see a practitioner from ifm.org, afaik they are much better with the gut then the average functional medicine doc.