• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hard to describe hot feeling

knackers323

Hi knackers. I think I used to get exactly what you are describing here with my ME.

It was like used to have a heater switched on inside me so heating up from inside out. It was a terrible symptom as seeing the heat was so internal, I couldnt do anything to help it at all eg if I had a cold bath it even felt like my heat coming from within me was going to the outside from inside and felt like it could actually heat up the water around me!!! . Nothing could touch where the heat feeling was starting due to its internal nature (not even laying in a cold bath for an hour thou it was a bit relieving to my skin at least).. so all it did was like try to radiate out of me.

It was a very weird symptom. and not at all like having a fever in which one is equally hot all over (fevers dont come with an internal heat central place and I dont think I ever did have a fever showing with this symptom).

My starting place for this symptom didnt have my head involved thou (thou that could end up feeling warm due to the heating), my starting place for this was from deep within my body (torso). I really wondered if I'd spontanously combust oneday and they'd find my charred remains of my feet only left on the floor with the rest of me ash (like some of those stories Ive read which are supposed to be true).

I used to spend hours (till my arms hurt and just couldnt do it no more) rubbing ice over myself due to it.. just to attempt to get some relief thou it only helped the surface a bit which even then I could still feel being heated from the inside.

Hi tania, yes I think we are describing the same thing. Yours would get worse with how much you have pushed yourself?

How did you get this symptom to stop?

wastwater

I have this and wondered if it might be to do with heat shock proteins I’ve never found anything to cure it
Do people with MS have this?
It’s a bit like being wrapped in plastic or wearing a cagoule ,trapped heat
I often feel as though I could do with crushed ice iv
I get it through stomach legs and head but feel normal temperature to the touch

Last edited:

taniaaust1

@taniaaust1 a few years late but How did you get this feeling to stop?

hi, sorry knackers, I missed seeing your original question but finally noticed due to your latest.

That internal heat issue I used to have just after having it for quite a long time, some times far worst then others.... it just went and I dont get the internal heat/cooking inside problem any more. Instead Im back to getting actual proper fevers again with normal fever sensations when I over do things.

I wish I knew why my symptoms change..

I hope today is one of your better days for you.