• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Demystifying my 23andme results...

Hi everyone,

I've long suspected I have some MTHFR / detoxification issues and finally received my 23andme results back. I suffer from POTS and CFS and I'm excited to finally tailor my supplementation to what's going on behind the scenes. I've scoured the web high and low over the last week or so trying to demystify my results...but I've found a lot of the recommendations regarding my specific mutations to contradict (i.e. take methylB12 for this...don't take methylB12 for that). I would be eternally grateful for any input that might clear this up for me so I don't choose the wrong regimen and send myself into a tailspin. From what I can tell, I am compound heterozygous for MTHFR with heterozygous mutations in COMT, MTR, MTRR and homozygous mutations GSTP1 and NAT2. I planned to start with methylfolate and hydroxyB12, but am questioning with the detoxification issues whether I need to start elsewhere (molybdenum).

See below - I've attached my results from nutrahacker as well.

Homozygous:
GSTP1 - i105v
NAT2 - k268r
NAT2 - i114t

Heterozygous:
MTHFR C677T
MTHFR A1298C
COMT H62H
COMT V168M
MTR A2756G
MTRR A66G
MTRR R415T
VDR rs731236
VDR rs1544410
SOD2 A16V

Ever so thankful...
Mel

Attachments

• Nutrahacker Results.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 9

alicec

I've scoured the web high and low over the last week or so trying to demystify my results.

Unfortunately most of the information circulating on the internet and used in many programs that analyse 23andme data is simply wrong. Either there is no evidence supporting many of the claims or there is evidence to the contrary.

The SNPs which are being discussed, such as the ones you list, are very common and millions live with them with no problems. They are not the cause of your health problems. At best a few might be making a contribution.

Here is a post which makes some links which might be helpful to you.