• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Karma and ME/CFS?

pamojja

"For those who are engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, all karmic reactions, whether fructified, in the stock, or in the form of a seed, gradually vanish".

If you guys ever get the chance, you might want to try chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, especially with a group of people (kirtan). I think you'll find it most agreeable.

:eek: not really..

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
If you guys ever get the chance, you might want to try chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, especially with a group of people (kirtan). I think you'll find it most agreeable.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick with Theravada chanting texts since they're directly relevant to my path. Unfortunately I can't chant out loud because it's so tiring. Even doing it mentally can be tiring with ME.

David Jackson

Unfortunately I can't chant out loud because it's so tiring. Even doing it mentally can be tiring with ME.

I know exactly what you mean. In the last few months I've improved beyond this point, but I was like that for years.