• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Famvir

cb2

thanks @Learner1 the lyme/mold dr i see has me taking something called "liver lovin" formula. I dont have CMV, I think EBV and HSV-1 are the ones I am having the biggest issue with. we'll see how the byron white A-EB/H6 formula works.

I got an email back from stanford, asking me to give the famvir a few more days, that was yesterday am. since i started the email to them on the 6th i stopped the famvir on the 7th , i tried a lower dose a couple days later and the stomach upset starting almost right away then the next day i took it same thing and i noticed the loose stools coming back but they were much lighter in color which isn't good. I wrote back explaining , now we'll see what happens next. maybe valtrex is the next thing to try again. i kinda felt bad that i stopped it on my own, but i was/am relieved that stopping it stopped the diarrhea.

cb2

made it up t 500mg 2x a day of famvir, I follow up with Dr. Bonilla at stanford in Feb.. I wonder if i have to wait that long to increase it?

cb2

thank you @BadBadBear I am not sure. it could be i had tried to raise the thryoid T4 levels too high too soon. (which in the past caused issues) or it could have been the IV IGG. my last infusion was early Nov.

I forget are you working with a dr at stanford? how long before you added the celebrex? i just found out i have a bulging disc in my neck so i think taking some celebrex would be helpful. : ) thanks

happy New year!

BadBadBear

I am working with an Integrative MD in my hometown, I started Celebrex when I was about a month in. It really makes a difference, more than I expected.

I was so used to being sore and achy that I was unaware of it. The downside is now I realize when the Celebrex wears off. :)

cb2

It must be nice to have some relief from teh sore and achy you thought was normal. I think you said you take the celebrex 2x a day? it's cool you got an integrative MD to help you. are you following the stanford protocol or learner? sorry if i am repeating myself. I hope you are feeling better- aside from when the celebrex wears off.

BadBadBear

Thanks! I am not quite on Lerner protocol as my Famvir dose is only 1 gram (split into two doses), but I am slowly improving so l have not asked for a dose increase. I do take Celebrex twice a day.

A lunchtime combo of bee propolis/boswellia/baby aspirin helps knock down a broad spectrum of pain enzymes if needed. That blocks COX 1 and 2, LOX, and mTor from what I've read. It works almost as well as Celebrex for me.

How are you doing wwith the Famvir? Still ok? Have you ever tried any thyroid meds besides T4?

cb2

I would love to know more about the bee prop/boswellia / baby asprin, i could start that on my own soon.
yes still so far so good with the famvir, thanks for asking.

I am glad you are feeling better. that must be really nice.

I do take some T3 with the tirosint. i tried Nature throid for a few years but my FT4 levels always fell really short and i never felt well (but thats complicated as we know) I wanted to try to see if i can/could get the FT4 levels up it if would help at all. funny thing is FT4 at 125mg of tirsoint is .94 on med fasting but 1.34 after taking meds (8 hours post meds) I dont understand this .. I think i am going to boost the t3 up to 20mcg and see how i do over the next few days. I am curious if it will help with the neck pain issue.

do you take thyroid? whats been your experience?

Keep getting better!

cb2

it is definitely the brand name the pharmacy had an issue with ..getting the generic doesn't seem to be a problem.

cb2

Thanks! I am not quite on Lerner protocol as my Famvir dose is only 1 gram (split into two doses), but I am slowly improving so l have not asked for a dose increase. I do take Celebrex twice a day.

A lunchtime combo of bee propolis/boswellia/baby aspirin helps knock down a broad spectrum of pain enzymes if needed. That blocks COX 1 and 2, LOX, and mTor from what I've read. It works almost as well as Celebrex for me.

How are you doing wwith the Famvir? Still ok? Have you ever tried any thyroid meds besides T4?
@BadBadBear do you mind sharing how much Propolis/boswellia/baby asprin you take? and if any certain brands work better than others? thanks
:)