• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof, Gherardi interview showing that aluminium based vaccine adjuvants cause an ME/CFS illness

currer

Prof Gherardi discusses his research of 18 years on aluminium based vaccine adjuvants.

His team found that

"without any doubt, in some patients the aluminium persists for many years, and if we look at the patient's disease or clinical manifestations, these can be linked to a syndrome which causes chronic muscular and joint pain, a profound chronic tiredness without any apparent cause, memory and attention deficit problems, sleep disorders, which we normally call chronic fatigue syndrome."

currer

"The second thing we did was to try and understand why the clinical symptoms that affect the brain were so common when the persistence of the adjuvant had only been observed at the injection site.
So we had to use an animal model to follow what happens to the aluminium particles once they are injected into the muscle of a mouse. We took standard vaccines .. Hep. B...and we administered them and we observed that deposits of aluminium formed in the brain and the spleen.

The deposits of aluminium increased even up to a year following the intramuscular injection, We then tried to understand how the deposits of aluminium travelled from the muscle to the brain.......We were surprised to find that within minutes to a few hours after the injection the particles are captured by macrophages. Some stay at the injection site and we are able to observe them in the muscle for years, but some travel to the lymphatic system, the blood and then the brain.

currer

INTERVIEWER "What you have just described is the perfect scientific demonstration. How is it possible that your request for funding to continue this research has been turned down by the National Agency for Drug Safety? Who turned down your funding request?

GHERARDI "I'd be happy to find out myself.

unto

if it were true what the prof. Gherardi, I can not explain why various people close to me (family, relatives, friends ..) over time have manifested the same symptoms of mine
I always remain convinced of the viral origin ......

Does this cause post-exertional malaise, orthostatic intolerance, and other traits associated with CFS, such as an underactive parasympathetic nervous system, though? Lots of things cause fatigue and various other symptoms, but very few of them cause the same kinds of symptoms and traits of CFS, and the severity of the fatigue. There isn't any other condition that causes fatigue as severe as that seen in CFS - something a number of studies have indicated.

knackers323

if it were true what the prof. Gherardi, I can not explain why various people close to me (family, relatives, friends ..) over time have manifested the same symptoms of mine
I always remain convinced of the viral origin ......
Hi
How many people has this happened to and do they now have what you would call full cfs?

ash0787

I heard its because of genetic difference that the mechanism differs which is why 99% of the time or so the vaccine does not cause a problem, and the rest they have plausible deniability as to whether it was their fault, so its in the interest of their profits if everyone thinks it a conspiracy theory.

cigana

Does this cause post-exertional malaise, orthostatic intolerance, and other traits associated with CFS, such as an underactive parasympathetic nervous system, though? Lots of things cause fatigue and various other symptoms, but very few of them cause the same kinds of symptoms and traits of CFS, and the severity of the fatigue. There isn't any other condition that causes fatigue as severe as that seen in CFS - something a number of studies have indicated.
In the video he refers to the fatigue as "profound". It would be interesting to know, like you say, if any of the people affected suffer from PEM..

EDIT: In this video he goes into the details of their symptoms, he shows they match CDC criteria, but doesn't mention Canadian criteria:
The link should have the correct timecode for the relevant slide.

Last edited:

M Paine

I've been taking an allergy immunotherapy which contains an aluminum adjuvant. I've had this injected in me monthly for around 2 years now. We are talking about three separate injections (for different allergens, pollens mostly). My immunologist wanted to use non-aluminum versions, however they were in low supply so I opted for the aluminium based option.

My CFS at the same time has gotten better, not worse. Personally, this sounds like another case of finding a vague correlation and touting it as the cause. Correlation doesn't imply causation, right? Over the years, I've heard many theories which just don't stack up. I'm inclined to add this to the pile.

cigana

I've been taking an allergy immunotherapy which contains an aluminum adjuvant. I've had this injected in me monthly for around 2 years now. We are talking about three separate injections (for different allergens, pollens mostly). My immunologist wanted to use non-aluminum versions, however they were in low supply so I opted for the aluminium based option.

My CFS at the same time has gotten better, not worse. Personally, this sounds like another case of finding a vague correlation and touting it as the cause. Correlation doesn't imply causation, right? Over the years, I've heard many theories which just don't stack up. I'm inclined to add this to the pile.
If you watch the video, you'll see the research shows that the median time for the aluminum lesions to appear at the site of injection is 5 years. The eventual accumulation in the brain is a slow process. But this clearly doesn't happen to everyone who is injected.

About 50% of the patients satisfy the CDC criteria, so I don't really think of this as a 'vague' correlation, although, like you I've heard many theories and certainly don't think this is 'the' cause.

Also like you I will have to be injected with a lot of vaccines, so I really want to be as sure as I can that they pose no risk to my health, so I think I'll continue to follow this research.

M Paine

I still don't quite understand why those who receive much larger than your usual lifetime vaccine dose of aluminium adjuvant, fail to display higher rates of CFS.

Normal length of these allergy immunotherapy treatments is 5 years, so patients would still be in contact with their health provider at the time when this issue is presumed to surface.

Case control studies would be quick to recognise a trend like this, as it would feature prominently in patient records.

We should be really careful when making correlations between vacinne ingredients and illness.

unto

Hi
How many people has this happened to and do they now have what you would call full cfs?

Hi Knackers323 Happy New Year,
sorry for the delay...
I noticed the symptoms of ME practically all familiar, in many relatives,
in some friends / acquaintances especially those who frequented my home.
I imagine then that these people in turn have transmitted the ME to others.

knackers323

hi @unto then it would seem there must be an infectious origin or something in your house, mould, chemical etc that is causing or triggering these illnesses.

how did your illness begin? what symptoms?

what tests and treatments have you had for infectious agents?

unto

hi @unto then it would seem there must be an infectious origin or something in your house, mould, chemical etc that is causing or triggering these illnesses.

how did your illness begin? what symptoms?

what tests and treatments have you had for infectious agents?

Hi Knackers323, certainly that at home there is something infectious, but it is not mold or chemical substances is simply a germ present in my saliva and in that of my family members.

I can state this because after 33 years of illness I have excluded the other possible causes and I saw that even people who had never been to our house had contracted the disease from me.

I did the tests for most of the known viruses, CMV, EBV, zoster, HCV, HBV, HIV, erpes1, erpes2 ......, borrelia, ...
positive but ancient erpes1 / 2 and EBV, so no pharmacological treatment ...

the disease began as a mild flu, with slight sore throat, sweating between neck and shoulders and low-grade fever 37.2

a few weeks later came the difficulty to digest, short memory loss, difficulty in concentration, sore throat with little blush / pain but with loss of voice, earache and headache (all provoked or worsened by the cold);
then influences and colds easier and longer to go away ...... joint pains especially between shoulders ...
after the first difficult years in which every cold season I feared to die, I understood how I had to behave in order to avoid sore throats, headaches, etc.