• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC replication study delayed in order to prepare a press release?!

awol

Why was this put in the last sentence of this article? Like it was not important, I think it is more stalling.

Yes, the way it was written into the article was kind of odd. But no matter. It was there.

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

I agree Rebecca.

CDC clown criteria CFS (emperic definition) has become laughably removed from even original 'sore throat and very tired' CFS (Fukuda) - which was laughably removed from ME (Myalgic Encephalomyeltis) which causes brain/spinal cord inflammation/dysautonomia/paralysis/incontinence and in some cases: death.

We must not forget (as you wisely stated) that the WPI used far stricter diagnostic critera (CCC) for their 'CFS' patients in the SCIENCE study so the CDC XMRV+ number about to be revealed would be maxing out at maybe 6-8% tops if using WPI culture method on Fukuda criteria CFS , or about 0.01% if using PCR method and/or empirical definition.

Wild guess:
6-8% XMRV+ CDC CFS study Culture vs WPI's 4% of healthy population without CFS Culture, and 0.01% CFS PCR which correlates with the 0% Wessely & McClure (thus creating the illusion Wessely & Mclure did nothing wrong).

6-8% XMRV+ culture WPI in American CFS via the CDC would be just enough to give 'slight' proof of increased rates of CFS in CDC clown critera CFS - when in reality, numbers are sky high if studying people with neuro immune disease (CCC CFS and Ramsay criteria ME). So far we have an 80.8% (Cheney) and 98% (WPI) on these 'CFS' patients with neuro immune disease.

Hence I agree the CDC XMRV+ study will be a miniscule percentage if using CDC criteria (empiric) CFS, and/or a low percentage (8% tops) when using Fukuda CFS on WPI culture. Statistically it can be no other way.

Through these diversion tacticts (why do we think the Empirical joke CFS definition or even Fukuda turned up in the first place?!!!!), the CDC can dumb down the 'risk' of CFS 'infecting' worrying people and carry on with CBT/GE/Pacing/Anti Depressants for the behavioural illness 'CFS/ME' in the UK also. (In the UK 'CFS/ME' is called 'Long term tiredness'). So all government agencies are happy. Also they won't have to ban the blood of 'CFS' patients, especially if they accidently on purpose did the 0.1% XMRV+ result (my guess) on Fukuda criteria CFS, and not Empiric. Thus hoodwinking the American public and the world even more.

The worst case scenario for them (in this great 'get out of jail free' scenario) is that a 'few' XMRV+ patients are told they are positive, and were wrongly told they have CFS. They then become a minority, a fringe, and can be quietly 'managed' by immunologists in the future. CFS still exists, no government agency can be blamed - and all those in power are happy. Job done.

bullybeef

The only spanner in the works is Dr. Mikovits. If she has been working with them, she'd know whether they were testing true biomedical ME patients. She would be there to see any discrepancy.

And she has been visibly positive in her lectures when she mentions her work with the CDC. I remember her lecture in San Diego (or was it Santa Barbara? God damn my memory), she said anecdotally, that the CDC have concurred XMRV cannot be a contamination. In other words, the CDC must have seen it in the flesh, with a electron microscope. Mikovits actually said this to me in an email, an electron microscope doesn't lie.

If the CDC do publish a negative paper, I believe it will be a sucker punch, and done completely behind her back, and without her knowledge (she should be getting used to this by now)!

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

[video=youtube;zJv5qLsLYoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo[/video]CDC releases it's new summer hit for 2010 for CFS - with an appropriate band name too!
DEAD OR A LIVE - YOU SPIN ME ROUND

leaves

Normally when you want news to go away, you do your press release Friday afternoon....

JT1024

I still think the news is positive for XMRV....

If the news was negative, (therefore saving face for the CDC), they would be thrilled to publish it.

If the news confirms that XMRV is in the blood supply, without a CDC/FDA approved test to screen blood donors, all hell could/would break loose.

hensue

ladybug said she emailed Mikovitz and they have no involvement with Cdc. She just said that on chat

Rrrr

Cooperative Diagnostics lab is sharing their CFS blood samples with the CDC. I don't know if this sharing was for this study or another study that will come out much later.

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
ladybug said she emailed Mikovitz and they have no involvement with Cdc. She just said that on chat

Jimbob...I'm stealing it from you! :eek::eek:

breathe-into-paper-bag-150x150.jpg

natasa778

Does anyone know the name of the scientists involved in this CDC study?

Would any of them be creatures from the past, those that were involved in the burial of deFreitas discovery?

jspotila

yes but jerry holmberg said they were all working together.

Two different studies - CDC's own study in their retrovirology group (I'm assuming that's where this paper is coming from) and the blood safety study (Jerry Holmberg) which is CDC/NCI/WPI/FDA/Blood bank lab.

omerbasket

Cooperative Diagnostics lab is sharing their CFS blood samples with the CDC. I don't know if this sharing was for this study or another study that will come out much later.
All the blood drops?
As I said before, today it seems much more rediculous to me the way they sold a XMRV test that would require just one drop of blood, and obviusly didn't found any, or found a tiny precentage of XMRV positive people - which, now by three studies (WPI's, The japanese study and the german study about XMRV in respiratory secretions), we know is just not reasonable. And the CDC is working with this organization?
Perhaps they are good and perhaps not, but to me it seems that this organization has a bad reputation regarding XMRV and should not be involved in studies regarding this virus.