• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Important new research from Professor Chris Exley linking aluminium in vaccines with autism

currer

I am trying to get some important medical research more widely publicised, at the request of the researcher who made these worrying findings. I hope you will read this post and the researcher's attachments and make your own decision on the merits of this case.

The researcher is Professor Chris Exley, Professor of Bioinorganic chemistry at Keele University and a world expert on the neurotoxicity of aluminium.

I have been asked by Professor Chris Exley to help him publicise his important new findings which show that aluminium levels in the brains of children with autism are extremely high and that this aluminium is the probable cause of autism..

This research is important because aluminium is is a known neurotoxin. It is used as the main vaccine adjuvant in infant vaccines. An adjuvant is an ingredient added to vaccines to make the immune system mount an immune response to the vaccine, without which the vaccine would be ineffective. The vaccine with its aluminium-based adjuvant is thus the most probable source of the accumulation of aluminium which has found its way past the immature blood brain barrier into these childrens' brains.

Professor Exley's research raises serious doubts about the safety of the current multiple-vaccine schedule (which assumes that a toxic metal like aluminium does not travel to the brain) and demonstrates a previously unrecognised mechanism for autism. It appears that the immune system is mopping up the aluminium at the vaccination site and transferring it in the bloodstream inside white blood cells to the brain, where it accumulates, causing inflammation and brain damage to very young infants..

Professor Exley's research is important and very disturbing and cannot be dismissed lightly. It seems to me that aluminium should now be considered as dangerous to human health as lead and mercury and our government ought to take steps to protect the population from unnecessary exposure to this metal. Their first actions should be to investigate this finding and meanwhile limit the number of childhood and adult vaccinations to only those that are considered absolutely necessary.

Many thanks,
Currer

https://www.hippocraticpost.com/?s=Exley

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X17308763

currer

Last edited:

pattismith

"While aluminium was imaged associated with neurones it appeared to be present intracellularly in microglia-like cells and other inflammatory non-neuronal cells in the meninges, vasculature, grey and white matter."

Where is the form to make a post mortem donation of my brain to Mr Exley?o_O

rodgergrummidge

I am trying to get some important medical research more widely publicised, at the request of the researcher who made these worrying findings. I hope you will read this post and the researcher's attachments and make your own decision on the merits of this case.

The researcher is Professor Chris Exley, Professor of Bioinorganic chemistry at Keele University and a world expert on the neurotoxicity of aluminium.

I have been asked by Professor Chris Exley to help him publicise his important new findings which show that aluminium levels in the brains of children with autism are extremely high and that this aluminium is the probable cause of autism..

This research is important because aluminium is is a known neurotoxin. It is used as the main vaccine adjuvant in infant vaccines. An adjuvant is an ingredient added to vaccines to make the immune system mount an immune response to the vaccine, without which the vaccine would be ineffective. The vaccine with its aluminium-based adjuvant is thus the most probable source of the accumulation of aluminium which has found its way past the immature blood brain barrier into these childrens' brains.

Professor Exley's research raises serious doubts about the safety of the current multiple-vaccine schedule (which assumes that a toxic metal like aluminium does not travel to the brain) and demonstrates a previously unrecognised mechanism for autism. It appears that the immune system is mopping up the aluminium at the vaccination site and transferring it in the bloodstream inside white blood cells to the brain, where it accumulates, causing inflammation and brain damage to very young infants..

Professor Exley's research is important and very disturbing and cannot be dismissed lightly. It seems to me that aluminium should now be considered as dangerous to human health as lead and mercury and our government ought to take steps to protect the population from unnecessary exposure to this metal. Their first actions should be to investigate this finding and meanwhile limit the number of childhood and adult vaccinations to only those that are considered absolutely necessary.

Many thanks,
Currer

https://www.hippocraticpost.com/?s=Exley

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X17308763

The internet provides an almost infinite number of sources of information from which we can choose our preferred reality. To garner support, the anti-vax movement appeals to peoples ‘beliefs’ and often supports those beliefs with “alternative facts”. Such an approach is successful because it generates an emotional response.

In contrast, evidence-based science asks the individual to ignore their beliefs. Ignore their preconceptions. Ignore their biases. Science simply asks the individual to examine whether a particular proposal is supported by evidence from multiple, independent and validated studies.

Prof. Exley has asked @currer to publicise his research findings that aluminium in vaccines is linked to autism. In support of this, @currer has included a link to a research paper authored by Exley in support of aluminium in vaccines being linked to autism.

So, does the paper of Exley really establish a link between aluminium in vaccines and autism? Is the proposal really based on strong scientific evidence?

So lets examine the paper.
  • Firstly, Exley’s has published his paper in the ‘Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology’. A journal where he sits on the Editorial Board!
  • The paper looks at Aluminium in the brain tissues of only 5 individuals with autism. No non-autisic controls were included. No definitive conclusions can be drawn from such a small study that lacks controls.
  • Most importantly, the study presents no data on any aspect of:
    • vaccines,
    • vaccination,
    • Aluminium in vaccinations,
    • Vaccines and autism
  • The only quantitative data is Table 1 where the levels of aluminium for each individual are presented separately in a table so its difficult to understand precisely what the data actually means. Again there is no data in any aspect of vaccines
Overall, it is not possible to conclude anything about the potential health risks of aluminium in vaccines from this paper because it does not actually examine anything to do with vaccines.

Such papers are often used generate fear and outrage against vaccination. They are simply a source of “confirmation bias,” that allows people to embrace information that supports their beliefs and reject information that contradicts them. In some aspects, we are probably all guilty of confirmation bias at least some of the time. But I think we should be aware of the dangers of using 'data' simply because it appeals to our beliefs.

Presented with someone else’s argument, it is easy to pick holes in their weaknesses. And so if I am honest about the philosophy that it should be ‘all about the evidence’, I would have to agree with the proposal that vaccines cause autism if I was presented with strong scientific evidence. However, the Exley paper does not provide any such evidence that aluminium in vaccines cause autism.

Food for thought

Rodger

Hip

In Professor Exley's 2017 study, he found that the aluminum content in autistic brains was around 3.2 μg/g dry weight. Whereas in this critique of the study, it is pointed out that the aluminum concentration in normal brain tissue is between 1.4 to 2.5 μg/g dry tissue. So the levels found in autistic brain are not that much higher than normal.

The vaccine with its aluminium-based adjuvant is thus the most probable source of the accumulation of aluminium which has found its way past the immature blood brain barrier into these childrens' brains.

Aluminum from vaccines would be one source of this metal, but possibly a larger source is dietary aluminum. In adults, around 24 mg of aluminum is ingested daily through food. 1 Now around 0.2% of orally ingested aluminum is absorbed into the bloodstream and the body, 1 so out of the 24 mg of aluminum ingested with food each day, 0.2% x 24 = 0.05 mg will get absorbed into the bloodstream and body. Over 1 year, that amounts up to 18.3 mg of aluminum absorbed into the body from food.

But since a two year old infant only eats around half amount of food that an adult does, for infants we can halve this 18.3 mg figure to 9.2 mg. So 9.2 mg is the yearly amount of aluminum an infant absorbs from food each year.

By comparison, an FDA study found that the maximum amount of aluminum an infant could be exposed to over the first year of life would be 4.2 mg, based on the recommended schedule of vaccines. 1

So you can see that in infants there is more aluminum being absorbed into the body from food than from vaccines

What I found interesting in Exley's study is this:
While aluminium was imaged associated with neurones it appeared to be present intracellularly in microglia-like cells and other inflammatory non-neuronal cells in the meninges, vasculature, grey and white matter. The pre-eminence of intracellular aluminium associated with non-neuronal cells was a standout observation in autism brain tissue and may offer clues as to both the origin of the brain aluminium as well as a putative role in autism spectrum disorder.

So higher amounts of aluminum were found in the microglia in the brains of those with autism. Although since there were no healthy controls in this study, we cannot compare to the level of aluminum in the microglia of non-autistic people.

It worth noting that new microglia are created in the bone marrow, and then migrate to the brain (although new microglia are also created by mitosis of existing microglia in the brain).

Last edited:

HowToEscape?

Check out an informed critique of the entrepreneurial Mr Exley’s work at a skeptical blog, Respectful Insolence. I’ve found that blog very helpful in poking a number of Internet information balloons.
https://respectfulinsolence.com/201...e-latest-darling-of-the-antivaccine-movement/

My 2c Is that aluminum is the most common metal on the surface of the earth, so if you want to stop being exposed to aluminum you’ll need to stop eating food. To me, aluminum scares call to mind the truth seeking information warrior who attempted to excite her marks by screeching that there is nitrogen in the air on airplanes and the airlines were concealing this deadly addition.

Save Yourself from corporate poisoning! Don’t eat, don’t breathe!

keenly

Check out an informed critique of the entrepreneurial Mr Exley’s work at a skeptical blog, Respectful Insolence. I’ve found that blog very helpful in poking a number of Internet information balloons.
https://respectfulinsolence.com/201...e-latest-darling-of-the-antivaccine-movement/

My 2c Is that aluminum is the most common metal on the surface of the earth, so if you want to stop being exposed to aluminum you’ll need to stop eating food. To me, aluminum scares call to mind the truth seeking information warrior who attempted to excite her marks by screeching that there is nitrogen in the air on airplanes and the airlines were concealing this deadly addition.

Save Yourself from corporate poisoning! Don’t eat, don’t breathe!

Skeptical blogs are nothing but paid shilling.

Hip

My 2c Is that aluminum is the most common metal on the surface of the earth, so if you want to stop being exposed to aluminum you’ll need to stop eating food.

Aluminum is a common and abundant element on Earth, but normally it is locked up by chemical bonds in rocks and minerals, so humans are not exposed to it. Aluminum was only first isolated in the 19th century, and due to the difficulty of extracting it from the rocks, aluminum was originally worth more than gold.

I believe that Prof Exley's general thesis is that humans have never really been exposed to aluminum in their entire evolutionary history, until around that last 100 years or so, when aluminum became cheap and widespread. That's why he thinks this metal could be problematic for our metabolism, because we evolved in an environment where this metal was not present, and so was never a normal part of human physiology (unlike the metals iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, sodium, calcium, potassium, colbalt, manganese, molybdenum, etc, which life evolved with, and are essential elements that are incorporated into human physiology).

That does not imply that aluminum is toxic and dangerous to the body; the jury is still out on that one; but it is a fact that aluminum is only a recent addition to the environment that humans live in.

Last edited:

Hip

Skeptical blogs are nothing but paid shilling.

Skepticism is an essential part of science. If your scientific theories fall down under skeptical scrutiny, then they could not have been very robust theories in the first place.

Whereas if your theories and studies are solid, and if your thinking is logical and incisive, then you welcome skepticism, because you know that you can easily counter any skeptical argument or skeptical questions.

It's this dialogue between the those who propose scientific theories or undertaken empirical investigation, and those who provide skeptical critiques of them, that helps both sides refine their arguments and refine their thinking, much like playing a sport helps you improve your game.

The trick is not to assume either side is correct, but to read and take in both sides, and then let the debate between these opposing perspectives take place in your own mind, so that you come to your own conclusions.

keenly

Skepticism is an essential part of science. If your scientific theories fall down under skeptical scrutiny, then they could not have been very robust theories in the first place.

Whereas if your theories and studies are solid, and if your thinking is logical and incisive, then you welcome skepticism, because you know that you can easily counter any skeptical argument or skeptical questions.

It's this dialogue between the those who propose scientific theories or undertaken empirical investigation, and those who provide skeptical critiques of them, that helps both sides refine their arguments and refine their thinking, much like playing a sport helps you improve your game.

The trick is not to assume either side is correct, but to read and take in both sides, and then let the debate between these opposing perspectives take place in your own mind, so that you come to your own conclusions.

Those who runs these sites are ever skeptic about drugs, vaccines and GMOs though, and some like sciencebasedmedicine have taken donations from Coca Cola. All they do is write blogs slating Organic food and supplements. No agenda hey?

There is no real dialogue about vaccines in the mainstream. Information is suppressed.

Hip

Those who runs these sites are ever skeptic about drugs, vaccines and GMOs though, and some like sciencebasedmedicine have taken donations from Coca Cola. All they do is write blogs slating Organic food and supplements. No agenda hey?

You are always able to check the facts for yourself, because these skeptical websites are usually written by scientists, who are accustomed to providing references to back up the points they make. Thus even if they do have an agenda against say organic food, the points they raise can be checked and validated. In that sense, skeptical websites are very useful. Of course, if you are not the scientific type, then you may not have the knowledge base to verify these references.

Whereas when you read a website that is say pro-organic food, they hype up the assumed benefits of organic food, and use emotional or poetic phrases like "mother nature's best" or similar, but often do not provide any evidence that organic food has any health benefits over regular good food. So organic food websites also have their own biased agenda, and they are more concerned with promoting their philosophy (and product sales) than verifying this philosophy in a factual way. In that sense, organic food has more than a hint of religion about it.

And the same biased agenda is found on anti-vax websites: do they ever mention the benefits of vaccines, or mention that if enterovirus and herpesvirus vaccines were developed, then this may well eradicate or curtail diseases such as ME/CFS, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, heart attacks and heart disease, and many others. No, this this is never mentioned on anti-vax websites. Sure, vaccine safety is an important issue, but so are the health benefits of vaccines, but the anti-vax crowd don't address these benefits. I find that irresponsible and biased.

There is no real dialogue about vaccines in the mainstream. Information is suppressed.

If that is the case, why did the GlaxoSmithKline H1N1 pandemic flu vaccine that triggered many cases of the autoimmune disease narcolepsy come to light?

This side effect was fully acknowledged by GSK, and the study examining the mechanism by which this vaccine may have triggered narcolepsy has been published without any problems. That does not sound like information suppression.

I would like to see more research into vaccine safety though.

Last edited:

currer

I encourage people reading this thread to listen to Professor Exley's youtube interview (linked above) in which he explains hiis findings. It is not difficult to understand. Do not be put off by the reactions on this thread but read what he has to say about his own findings and make your own mind up!

In my opinion his research is conclusive in showing the mechanism whereby aluminium gets into the brain and causes pathology. These suspicions are not new, and we would be much further ahead had not research into autism been blocked by powerful interests.

Why can we not discuss this matter in this society? Each child who develps autism is brain damaged for life. This is serious.

The same mechanism could account for CFS/ME. Except the inflammatory reaction takes place in the adult brain, which has already developed speech and social neural networks. So the disorder has a different presentation.
The newly recognised Macrophagic myofasciitis also reveals white blood cells transmitting the aluminium from the vaccine site into the brain where it causes inflammation.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Aluminum is a common and abundant element on Earth, but normally it is locked up by chemical bonds in rocks and minerals, so humans are not exposed to it. Aluminum was only first isolated in the 19th century, and due to the difficulty of extracting it from the rocks, aluminum was originally worth more than gold.

Surely what is in vaccines is alum, not metal aluminium - that is to say some form of aluminate or aluminium oxide hydroxide derivative. I am pretty sure that alum has been used for tanning and fabric dyeing for centuries. (Wikipedia: Historically, alum was used extensively in the wool industry[4] from Classical antiquity, during the Middle Ages, and well into 19th century as a mordant or dye fixative in the process of turning wool into dyedbolts of cloth). Presumably workers in leather and fabric industries were doused in it on a daily basis. Nobody ever suggested it caused any problems. It has also been used extensively for purification of drinking water.

This looks like straightforward advertising to me - asking to have one's research flagged up on social media.

Hip

Surely what is in vaccines is alum, not metal aluminium - that is to say some form of aluminate or aluminium oxide hydroxide derivative.

I seem to remember that alum is a bit of an ambiguous term, because it can refer to more than one compound.

Checking Wikipedia, it says that alum typically refers to potassium aluminum sulfate, KAl(SO4)2, which is used for tanning of leather and dying fabrics. Whereas in the context of vaccines adjuvants, alum means aluminum hydroxide.

But although potassium aluminum sulfate may have been used for dying fabrics for centuries, I assume the aluminum remained tightly locked up in it, and is not easily extracted by chemical means (otherwise how would you explain the fact that in the 19th century, aluminum was more expensive than gold — Napoleon reportedly ate from aluminum plates, whereas his guests had to make do merely with gold crockery).

Also, the fact that aluminum is not part of normal physiology again (to me) suggests that although this is a very abundant element on the Earth's crust, it is not in its natural mineral state very accessible chemically (most of the other abundant elements have been incorporated into normal physiology, and are now essential elements, presumably because they more readily involve themselves in everyday chemical reactions).

Last edited:

currer

Slow CCL2-dependent translocation of biopersistent particles from muscle to brain

• Zakir Khan,
    • Christophe Combadière,
    • François-Jérôme Authier,
    • Valérie Itier,
    • François Lux,
    • Christopher Exley,
    • Meriem Mahrouf-Yorgov,
    • Xavier Decrouy,
    • Philippe Moretto,
    • Olivier Tillement,
    • Romain K Gherardi
Abstract
Background
Long-term biodistribution of nanomaterials used in medicine is largely unknown. This is the case for alum, the most widely used vaccine adjuvant, which is a nanocrystalline compound spontaneously forming micron/submicron-sized agglomerates. Although generally well tolerated, alum is occasionally detected within monocyte-lineage cells long after immunization in presumably susceptible individuals with systemic/neurologic manifestations or autoimmune (inflammatory) syndrome induced by adjuvants (ASIA).

Last edited:

currer

Gherardi's research has recently documented how the particles of aluminium (as whatever compound has been injected, aluminium oxide or hydroxide or aluminium hydroxyphosphate) travel to the brain inside immune cells and accumulate there.

Therei is a growing body of evidence that they cause autoimmune disease and a very CFS/ME like illness.

Macrophagic myofasciitis lesions assess long-term persistence of vaccine-derived aluminium hydroxide in muscle
https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/124.9.1821
Published:
01 September 2001
All All Journals
Abstract
Macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF) is an emerging condition of unknown cause, detected in patients with diffuse arthromyalgias and fatigue, and characterized by muscle infiltration by granular periodic acid–Schiff's reagent-positive macrophages and lymphocytes. Intracytoplasmic inclusions have been observed in macrophages of some patients. To assess their significance, electron microscopy was performed in 40 consecutive cases and chemical analysis was done by microanalysis and atomic absorption spectrometry. Inclusions were constantly detected and corresponded to aluminium hydroxide, an immunostimulatory compound frequently used as a vaccine adjuvant. A lymphocytic component was constantly observed in MMF lesions. Serological tests were compatible with exposure to aluminium hydroxide-containing vaccines. History analysis revealed that 50 out of 50 patients had received vaccines against hepatitis B virus (86%), hepatitis A virus (19%) or tetanus toxoid (58%), 3–96 months (median 36 months) before biopsy. Diffuse myalgias were more frequent in patients with than without an MMF lesion at deltoid muscle biopsy (P < 0.0001). Myalgia onset was subsequent to the vaccination (median 11 months) in 94% of patients. MMF lesion was experimentally reproduced in rats. We conclude that the MMF lesion is secondary to intramuscular injection of aluminium hydroxide-containing vaccines, shows both long-term persistence of aluminium hydroxide and an ongoing local immune reaction, and is detected in patients with systemic symptoms which appeared subsequently to vaccination.

Last edited: