• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UVBI or IV ozone?

fireflymd

My doctor recommended I try either UVBI or IV ozone. He said to search for a place closer to my home that could do Ten Pass Ozone.

Has anyone tried either of these treatments, and was what your outcome?

Banana94

I ve tried both, it seems that iv ozon is stronger in killing pathogens. It helped me but didnt put mein recover. Would do it again but its expensive. Had no side effects. Hope ot helps for you!

Vineyard1

My doctor recommended I try either UVBI or IV ozone. He said to search for a place closer to my home that could do Ten Pass Ozone.

Has anyone tried either of these treatments, and was what your outcome?

We all respond differentIy, but I tried IV ozone and went into anaphylactic shock and spent a week in the Hospital.

Banana94

We all respond differentIy, but I tried IV ozone and went into anaphylactic shock and spent a week in the Hospital.
Im sorry to hear that. But I think its generally rare in side effects. Maybe start with a low dose ozone and than go slowly up

Learner1

Sorry to hear this... Are you allergic to oxygen, then? That would be pretty inconvenient...

Or could it be the medical plastic used? Or did it catalyze something else? Or do you have MCAS?

I've done both UVBI and OV ozone, as have many other patients at the clinic I go to, and have never heard of such a reaction. But it's good to know of any issues. Thanks for sharing your story.

Banana94

Sorry to hear this... Are you allergic to oxygen, then? That would be pretty inconvenient...

Or could it be the medical plastic used? Or did it catalyze something else? Or do you have MCAS?

I've done both UVBI and OV ozone, as have many other patients at the clinic I go to, and have never heard of such a reaction. But it's good to know of any issues. Thanks for sharing your story.

I guess you mean allergic to ozone? It‘s not possuble to be allergic to oxygen this would mean you cant breath without having an allergic reaction