• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does your Fitbit data look like?

bspg

Plant Queen
I started using a Fitbit the last month and I'm curious how my stats (like HR and sleep) compare to others here.

Below are some screenshots for my resting HR and sleep over the last month:

Screenshot_20171201-222130~01.png

Screenshot_20171201-222508~01.png

Anyone else up for sharing/comparing?

bspg

Plant Queen
@Jesse2233 thanks for sharing! :)

Its interesting to compare. You're resting HR seems much more variable than mine and is also lower. I wonder how much of this could be attributed to activity levels and Fitbit model.

Your step count average is more than twice what mine is :cry: I'm using the Charge 2 model.

Cool idea! I’ll post mine in a bit but how did you get your sleep to show the different types of sleep (REM, light, deep...)? Mine only shows total sleep.

This is higher for me because I’ve been moving my mom out of her house of 25 years into “The Home”
5D813C2E-ECDA-45DC-8E96-BC2BDA0B5015.png

This is my normal
A05AAE85-F9D3-49E4-85AD-E5FF8A848305.png

I hadn’t even noticed this until now, I just started on Baclofen & Schiff Melatonin Ultra for my insomnia.

Here’s before Baclofen (on klonapin, plain melatonin, and Kirkland sleep aid)
EE0C1027-D0B3-406D-95AB-2D75F5B533C8.jpeg

Here’s on Baclofen, klonapin, and Schiff melatonin Ultra. See how I’m getting longer stretches of non-restless sleep. I wonder if it’s the Baclofen or new melatonin mix.
91ED75DE-4A66-4335-A9E1-C04FC47080C8.jpeg

I think my new insomnia cocktail has lowered my resting heart rate.
BCCD564D-345D-4D4B-BA56-8F7E5C2DC174.jpeg

This is how my 30 day sleep displays, doesn’t show REM...
0D0ECB78-0BE4-4D56-B756-C3C45DD6476A.png

bspg

Plant Queen
Cool idea! I’ll post mine in a bit but how did you get your sleep to show the different types of sleep (REM, light, deep...)? Mine only shows total sleep.

It could be differences in the app or firmware but I just tap the sleep tile and on the sleep page, I swipe to the last graph.

Screenshot_20171202-010406~01.png

@bspg
Wow, you wake up a lot, that’s rough.

Yours gives you so much more/better data. Mine’s a couple years old—Fitbit Charge HR. I’m getting a new one anyday now, ordered it $50 off Black Friday, so maybe then I’ll get cool sleep data like yours. I wish we could upload our data into the Apple health app, my dh’s Apple Watch gives him really cool data. My foggy brain can’t remember what data but I know it’s “cool” ;) for now, I’m sticking with Fitbit, I don’t think the HR function is quite as good as Fitbit and with my POTS, I need it. Plus his Apple Watch accidentally called 911 in the middle of the night then texted everyone in his emergency contact list notifying them of the emergency and sent location maps which continued into most of the next day every time he moved, new emergency location maps...I thought it was hilarious :lol:, my dh did not.

bspg

Plant Queen

I guess I do! Comparatively anyway. It doesn't look like you get much sleep in general :(

Do you have the ability to see how your nightly data compares to the averages of all Fitbit users? When I compare my data that way, it looks like my time awake is pretty "typical", though the ranges are pretty wide. For the most part, I am usually lacking in deep sleep.

Screenshot_20171202-125224~01.png

Plus his Apple Watch accidentally called 911 in the middle of the night then texted everyone in his emergency contact list notifying them of the emergency and sent location maps which continued into most of the next day every time he moved, new emergency location maps...I thought it was hilarious :lol:, my dh did not.

OMG that's horrible! :eek: I'd be so pissed!! Were you able to figure out what happened so it doesn't occur again?

Yea very interesting! I think my HR went up when I had a cold. It's usually really low, sometimes low 40s

Wow. That IS low! Do you need treatment for that??

@bspg
His watch was set to double click call 911, he changed it to require an additional screen tap so it shouldn’t happen again, knock on wood.

Yes I’m in desperate need of more sleep, I try so hard. Don’t know what else to try.

My data only shows red (awake) if I actually get out of bed. The big blob of red is when I get up take my son to school then come back and go back to sleep. I should be able to do the sleep comparison once I get my new Fitbit. Yay!

Sorry for the tag, still trying to figure out the quote reply function. New here more or less.

bspg

Plant Queen
@ChiliPep no worries. And welcome! The reply button quotes an entire post. The "multiquote" feature can quote an entire post or just certain parts of it. To only quote a certain part, highlight the part you want with your cursor and then click "+multiquote" in the little box that pops up. Once you've done this with all the parts you want to quote, click the "insert quotes..." button below the text box where you are typing your reply, and then click "quote these messages".

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

I'm glad there's a way to change the 911 setting. I was imagining all the emergency contacts getting repetitive map updates to your house and it was pretty funny :D

Its interesting that your data only shows "awake" when you get out of bed. I guess this must be the difference between older and newer models?

Murph

:)
@bspg

Yours gives you so much more/better data. Mine’s a couple years old—Fitbit Charge HR. I’m getting a new one anyday now, ordered it $50 off Black Friday, so maybe then I’ll get cool sleep data like yours. .

My fitbit is older but i downloaded an update they offered a while back and suddenly was getting the new sleep data. Whether it's true or not is very hard to tell as there's nothing to compare it to, but I still like it. As for the frequent waking, that's also an artefact of the new software. Whenever you so much as roll over it counts as waking up.

here's my sleep and my hr.

Screenshot_20171203-103603.png

Screenshot_20171203-103534.png

Last edited:
@bspg its hard to tell if my resting HR correlates with activity, I wish I could overlay the two to better tell. It has been going down overall so maybe it is because of increased activity the last couple months.

@Murph interesting about the new data being so sensitive, rolling over and it says you woke up. Mine has a sensitivity setting, maybe the sensitivity can be turned down.

Murph

:)
I'm curious...

Does the variability in your resting HR correlate with your activity for the day? i.e. are you more active on the days your resting HR is higher?

@Jesse2233 @ChiliPep @Murph
If I rest really hard my resting hr will often be lower the next day, and if I do a lot or get sick, it will be higher the next day.

However I'm pretty sure the fitbit algorithm limits the amount the resting hr can change from one day to another. If you really screw yourself up you notice it rising by one or two beats over several days til it hits its heights. You want to know the actual resting hr you need to look at how it was overnight.

@bspg

@Murph interesting about the new data being so sensitive, rolling over and it says you woke up. Mine has a sensitivity setting, maybe the sensitivity can be turned down.

I have tried both sensitivity settings and the low sensitivity one seems to show me as being asleep as soon as I lie down! (although that was before the update that changed the way sleep is measured.)

Wow! Talk about timing. I was just thinking of whether to buy a Fitbit or a polar a360?

I find Fitbit's software to be pretty good these days. The physical form of the watch is a joke though. They're clunky and ugly and they break a lot. The frustrating thing is that I can't find a better product at a better price. Garmin has a good reputation but the price is astonishing. (Also, there's this thing called the Oura ring which has just come out and does much the same thing, but it's a ring. Could be an option, although it doesn't tell the time.)

If I rest really hard my resting hr will often be lower the next day, and if I do a lot or get sick, it will be higher the next day.

However I'm pretty sure the fitbit algorithm limits the amount the resting hr can change from one day to another. If you really screw yourself up you notice it rising by one or two beats over several days til it hits its heights. You want to know the actual resting hr you need to look at how it was overnight.

I have tried both sensitivity settings and the low sensitivity one seems to show me as being asleep as soon as I lie down! (although that was before the update that changed the way sleep is measured.)

I find Fitbit's software to be pretty good these days. The physical form of the watch is a joke though. They're clunky and ugly and they break a lot. The frustrating thing is that I can't find a better product at a better price. Garmin has a good reputation but the price is astonishing. (Also, there's this thing called the Oura ring which has just come out and does much the same thing, but it's a ring. Could be an option, although it doesn't tell the time.)

We have an mecfs heart pacing group on FB. I noticed many people there opt for polar or Garmin instead of Fitbit. In terms of price though: which one is more affordable?