• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Persistent pain in neck/ears/throat

bspg

Plant Queen
For months now I've been suffering from constant pain in my neck/ear/throat area. Its hard to describe because it's not exactly in any one of those places but sort of all over. Its a constant, intense, dull ache.

The pain seems to originate in/under the floor of my mouth and somewhere inside my neck and throat, maybe where the eustachian tubes end? Its deep enough in there that I can't poke it directly with my finger--this is why it's so hard to describe where it's coming from.

Does anyone here experience the same or know what I'm talking about? I'm starting to really worry. NSAIDS don't touch it and stronger pain meds only provide minimal relief. I'm suffering constantly :(

bspg

Plant Queen
Its possible. Are there nodes located that deeply? And is it common in ME for lymph node swelling to persist for many months?

Seven7

Seven
Do you have white tongue or bumps in the roof of your mouth?
As CFSers we forget that our inmune system is low so we are
Prompt to non Cfs related infections. So you might need to go get it check ( if it has not direct Cfs reason but another infection).

bspg

Plant Queen
Do you have white tongue or bumps in the roof of your mouth?
As CFSers we forget that our inmune system is low so we are
Prompt to non Cfs related infections. So you might need to go get it check ( if it has not direct Cfs reason but another infection).

Yes. I have bumps in the roof of my mouth and soft palate. They never go away.

Attachments

• IMG_20171024_192838_968.jpg
    IMG_20171024_192838_968.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Seven7

Seven
My Bumps were coasaxie 2 infection but they did not look like that, they were smaller and dry. I think you have ahould be seen by doctor.

bspg

Plant Queen
My Bumps were coasaxie 2 infection but they did not look like that, they were smaller and dry. I think you have ahould be seen by doctor.

I have. They said it was just part of a viral infection and nothing to worry about :(

Seven7

Seven
I have. They said it was just part of a viral infection and nothing to worry about :(
so they didn't test you for all the coaxakie (b1 to b9 I think). Do you have acid reflux also?
My bumps went away (and throat issues) with equilibrant supplement (but have to start super low and slowly increase). By the way this also took care of the Parvo virus infection I had (my joints hurt really bad on hands and fingers).
I don't think you can cure the enteroviral infection (cosxaxie b2), but mine keeps in check with 2 pills a day.