• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller: My brief encounter with Prof Crawley

Cool :thumbsup::hug:
A quick google reveals that shitebag (is that your name haha?) Wessell is a yorkshireman...I use the term 'man' loosely. I am a Lancastrian.
Let the war of the roses recommence!!!!!!!!! :devil::ninja::alien::woot::mad:
Oh dear Esther...I'm sorry, love, you can drop round for a bag of sugar anytime :love:
aha don't always believe what Google says ;)

Countrygirl

I have a task for TeamPR if you are keen to help a child who is threatened with course of 'intensive treatment' as an inpatient if she fails to recover in four weeks from severe ME. :)

We want to produce an information pack for paediatricians who think that ME is psychiatric and/or it is a short-term illness that will respond to GET or, as in this case, intensive therapy/physiotherapy/exercise. Refuting the claim that CBT is the 'only treatment that is proven to successfully treat ME' would also be useful.

It would be great it you could list the documents, scientific papers, and other evidence that could be included in the pack.

Thanks everyone. :hug::thumbsup:

(wondering if we should start a new thread??)

anni66

mum to ME daughter
I have a task for TeamPR if you are keen to help a child who is threatened with course of 'intensive treatment' as an inpatient if she fails to recover in four weeks from severe ME. :)

We want to produce an information pack for paediatricians who think that ME is psychiatric and/or it is a short-term illness that will respond to GET or, as in this case, intensive therapy/physiotherapy/exercise. Refuting the claim that CBT is the 'only treatment that is proven to successfully treat ME' would also be useful.

It would be great it you could list the documents, scientific papers, and other evidence that could be included in the pack.

Thanks everyone. :hug::thumbsup:

(wondering if we should start a new thread??)
@JaimeS - your input to this info pack would be much appreciated

anni66

mum to ME daughter
ATP profile tests done would need time to come back from lab even if no interpretation from Dr Myhill. Also, I see from her website that she is currently too overloaded to handle tests on behalf of new patients so her office would first need to be contacted to see if they would make an exception.
Yes, the standard waiting time to access tests is 6-8 weeks, with turnaround of around 3 weeks- though given the circumstances i think the access time could be negotiated.

Deepwater

Yes, the standard waiting time to access tests is 6-8 weeks, with turnaround of around 3 weeks- though given the circumstances i think the access time could be negotiated.

From Dr Myhill's website:

CURRENT SITUATION WITH RESPECT TO NEW PATIENTS AND ALL TEST REQUESTSUPDATE NOVEMBER 2017 - Please note that due to Dr Myhill’s extremely heavy workload the following policies will still apply:
1.No new patient consultations are currently being accepted.
2.‘Correspondence only’ patients (i.e. those who have had testing done through Dr Myhill but have never spoken with her at a consultation) may order repeat or other tests
as required.
3.All other test requests from non-patients remain suspended.

anni66

mum to ME daughter
From Dr Myhill's website:

CURRENT SITUATION WITH RESPECT TO NEW PATIENTS AND ALL TEST REQUESTSUPDATE NOVEMBER 2017 - Please note that due to Dr Myhill’s extremely heavy workload the following policies will still apply:
1.No new patient consultations are currently being accepted.
2.‘Correspondence only’ patients (i.e. those who have had testing done through Dr Myhill but have never spoken with her at a consultation) may order repeat or other tests
as required.
3.All other test requests from non-patients remain suspended.
Initiative test . Contact and wait.

Dolphin

Here are a few of my hastily scribbled notes (she talked very fast and I couldn't look up at the slides)

The activists have their own strange beliefs about exercise. It has never harmed anyone with ME...............
I think it could be very useful if this part of the talk could be released even if the intention was that the full recording wouldn't be released. If Countrygirl doesn't want to do it, I might be able to arrange that it could be released anonymously. @Countrygirl feel free to contact me on this.

MEMum

Maybe we have to take a longer term view of the "to who, how or when" the video, or parts of it, are released.

(NB I have no insider knowledge re this.)