• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller: My brief encounter with Prof Crawley

Loop
Well done @Countrygirl and friend.

The last funding for LP was not from MRC, but a couple of Trusts most people haven't heard of, with dodgy histories.
Um, you mean Sainsbury's trust.
Hardly unknown. The Linbury trust has a long history of supporting research into CFS. A bit more surprising that they had to tap into to the Ashden trust, a supposedly environmental charity to fund SMILE.

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
1) the children that got significantly sicker should show to one of this lectures for her to explain away and make it public w cameras around.
2) how can she to an LP study when LP is prohibited to be called a treatment. We need to dig if this is even legal since it is violating the imposed restrictions already put on the LP people.

TreePerson

Admittedly I haven't seen her 'in the flesh' but if what I've seen on video is anything to go by then this surprises me greatly. I find her screen presence very insincere.
Yes she does come across as insincere on screen and also on the radio. Although much of what she says sounds plausible you only have to be moderately sensitive to pick up insincerity. She says nasty things in a nice voice one as of my children once said.

Forbin

I really wonder if the rest of the BPS crowd are cheering her on or are really nervy she is going to raise the curtain on them through her increasingly bizarre claims.

Are you wondering, perhaps, if they're considering whether she's "an asset to the abbey" ?
♫ Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her.
Many a thing she ought to understand.
But how do you make her stay,
and listen to all you say...♫

HowToEscape?

Yes, so do I @lilpink .

But she seemed so..........vulnerable and.......sincere and persecuted.

It made you want to protect her.

Such facades are a hallmark of psychopaths.

I have some acquaintances think that we just need to be nicer to North Korea, as poor little Kim is just a sensitive boy. Britain tried that attitude before with another conflict, it did not end well.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Are you activists?

We both smiled sweetly. Well, he was a nice chap caught up in a situation he didn't understand.

My colleague raised his camera.

‘You must not mention any of this on social media or forums and you must not use that film.

He waited for an agreement.

Repeated it.

Said again Do you understand?

We both agreed that we understood what he was saying.

Well, we both speak English after all.

He got it!

We weren't agreeing to not posting.

@Countrygirl - you are brilliant! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for doing this. shedding light on the darkness. Cannot wait to see the film!

Deepwater

Don't worry Countrygirl I just have these little snippets of info here and there in my head. I doubt it will affect anything that he told you what you can and cannot say about the event.

Huge thanks to @Countrygirl and David Tuller. I guess the question is, leaving aside the response, whether that verbal gagging order has any legal force . I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that, but as regards talking on social media I would very much doubt it. Don't know about the movie. Any UK lawyers or close friends of same amongst us? Anyhow, what action could they dtake that wouldn't get them into an even worse PR position? Esther doesn't want to let the world know what she tells select audiences behind closed doors? Not a helpful message.

That's a trick question in a legal sense really, often used by self appointed judges. It means "do you stand under my order", if you say yes you have contracted with the person.

The best reply often if you do not want to consent is, "I do not stand under that statement".
Other than an acceptance that you've understood what the other party would like, there's no agreement to comply here. A court setting is very different where such affirmations will likely be in relation to the threat of a penalty should you not comply.

alex3619

I guess the question is, leaving aside the response, whether that verbal gagging order has any legal force .
I don't think it would have any force at all. Indeed, David Tuller could ask Berkeley to do the same thing, but to EC etc. These sorts of things, especially against a foreign journalist and science critic, would be defended under freedom of speech in the US anyway, or at least be heavily contestable.