• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kutapressin?

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Hi Andrew,

All I can say is that it always seemed to have an inflated reputation, with excessively high reported 'success rates'. Not to discourage anyone from trying it.. I just haven't heard from any patients who clearly benefited from it. That said, I haven't talked to any of Enlander's patients who supposedly did benefit. I took two lengthy courses of it, one at the recommendation of Komaroff and Steinbach in the 90's and one from Enlander a few years ago. In both cases there were no side effects, but no benefits either. Enlander still uses it; I don't know about Levine (who certainly used to).

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Sorry Andrew... The first course was so long ago I don't remember. But it was for several months, and the dosing sounds similar. Enlander's was according to his protocol, and I can't remember what that is either :ashamed:, though someone else on this forum probably knows.

Nielk

I am a patient of Dr. enlander and I too was on the protocol.
It did not help me.
I have heard from other patients (in the waiting room) that it did help me.
according to Dr. Enlander, the reason it didn't work for me was because by the time I came to him \,
I was very sick and for a long time.
He says the sooner in the illness, the greater the impact.
He claims a 67% improvement rate.(not cure).
I'm not sure if that means out of all the patients he has tried or based on the ones who come to
him right away.

Andrew

Thanks for the info. From what I read, Enlander gives it once a week combined with Methylcobalamin, folic acid, magnesium sulphate, calphosan, glutathione, trace zinc and molybdenum. He says it's an immune modulator.

Thanks for the info. From what I read, Enlander gives it once a week combined with Methylcobalamin, folic acid, magnesium sulphate, calphosan, glutathione, trace zinc and molybdenum. He says it's an immune modulator.

Yes, that's what I was on, exactly. It didn't help in any way, I knew three other people who were on it, none of whom got any benefit. This is not scientific, obviously, but I think his estimation of the number of people he helps is way too high.

Andrew

Yes, that's what I was on, exactly. It didn't help in any way, I knew three other people who were on it, none of whom got any benefit. This is not scientific, obviously, but I think his estimation of the number of people he helps is way too high.
Except we can't go by Enlander's results. For the first month of they study they are giving a weekly dose that is seven times higher than what Enlander does. Even toward the end of the study they are giving a dose that is three times greater than what Enlander does. That can make all the difference in the world. That is unless this stuff can be bought in different strengths. But I see no indication of that.

If anyone is seeing Enlander, it might be interesting to know why he gives a much lower dose.

K

kbak

kutapressin

Kutapressin was discontinued in the 90's, not because it didn't work, but because it was probably worked to well. If you do some in depth investigation you'll find that people who took kutapressin back then for CFID's raved about how it gave then their life back. They could function as normal.

Then out of the blue after this drug had been on the market for over 50 yrs., the company shuts down and no more CFID's successful drug. There has been nothing on the market since that has even compared to the success of Kutapressin, not even Nexavir which is not the same formula.

Do you ever get the impression someone really doesn't want you well? Don't mind me I'm just one of those raving CFID's lunatics.

kbak