• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Esther Crawley - talk 17th Nov Mood disorders Centre, Exeter Uni

Countrygirl

Come on just give us a clue was it good or bad on our behalf?

......er..........well! I met one very popular person whom we all know, much to my surprise and Esther's.

We lurked together as we tried to keep a low profile. It didn't last.

I think 'surprise' wasn't EC's only emotion on spying our popular person though. :smug:.

I also think I may have spotted Mrs S in the far corner. Am I right Mrs S? (If so, she is so young! :) )

She was introduced as an outstanding scientist and role model.

It was quite dreadful. It was headed New research in ME......................not one mention of actual science...............just the usual Dr Crawley Smile, Fitnet and Magenta stuff.........plus some LP practitioners in the audience who had been miraculously cured of ME, of course.

Family adversity is the main predictor of developing the illness: drugs, poverty, mums have mood disorders..........usual stuff. No pinched photos of middle class girls in white socks and sporting tennis rackets this time though.

I must not be tempted to write more until after the weekend but it got fiery....................calling the .police was mentioned............................:whistle::zippit:

Those wicked, wicked advocates were described much to the shock of the audience. Why would they behave like that enquired the audience. Why indeed?

GET is very successful...................adults are treated with 'Gold Standard Treatments'.......:lol::alien:

@Large Donner................you are leading me astray. I must keep to my agreement but you won't be disappointed in the story to come, I don't think. :hug::cool:

Countrygirl

Oh dear @Countrygirl, I've been home all day gluing sequins onto Christmas crackers, you were winking at a random psychologist! They'll be writing peculiar papers about that sort of behaviour!!!

(My avatar isn't me btw, she is just a random google image trawler woman - she's got 20 years and 10 stone on me. Worried now o_O)

Worrying isn't it! They will be turning up in white coats, knocking at my door.

No, I know the woman in the yellow coat isn't you.

Just............sometimes I travel incognito and have had a glimpse of you...............I believe...:D:)

Countrygirl

Instructions by what authority? Were they saying that no one can report back on any scientific claims made today? Are you referring only to un published papers?

Scientific?

Did you say scientific??

I didn't hear anything scientific from beginning to end.

I suspect no one told EC the title of the talk..........The latest Research into Myalgic Encephalopathy and in paediatric CFS'.

We heard about how successful it is to cut out paper circles and jump into them shouting STOP repeatedly and how adults have Gold Standard Treatments. Oh yes, how the best predictor of future ME is to come from a drug-using, poverty-stricken background with a mum who has a mood disorder.

Oh and I nearly forgot: EC is an outstanding scientist and a role model for others.

Isn't that ......nice. :angel:

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
I'm guessing David Tuller was there?:woot:
Oooooo ........ now that is interesting.
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about the encounter.

No doubt she will (as always) try and spin her version of events to make herself look like the tragic victim of a vicious and unwarranted assault on her "vital" research