• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

D-ribose and related supplements

frozenborderline

I just got my d-ribose, "bulk supplements" brand, from amazon, and tried it out. I'm taking it for CFS, and had ordered the first brand i saw because i was having really bad CFS flareups and was desperate.

I got it and it tastes like a sugar, which it is, tried a dose...

Mild headache as with too large doses of inositol.
I'm a little concerned, because I've heard that bulk supplements is a sketchy brand that has had solvents/contaminants in their final products.
Thoughts on this/thoughts on better brands?

What are good brands for this product and niacinamide and NADH ?
How long should it take to see results from d-ribose or other supplements?

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
What are good brands for this product

I've used Swanson and Vitacost (ARO black) and both work well for me. The results aren't amazing, but enough to keep taking it. Note that my ME is between moderate and severe so it might have a more beneficial effect for me.

How long should it take to see results from d-ribose or other supplements?

I notice an effect within a few hours of taking it. I helps to increase my stamina.