• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

November 2: CDC ME/CFS Stakeholder Engagement and Communication (SEC) Conference Call

Dolphin

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

November 2, 2017

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern Time

CDC ME/CFS Stakeholder Engagement and Communication (SEC) Conference Call Call number: 1-888-790-3251 Participant Code: 3287773

Please mark your calendars for the next CDC Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Stakeholder Engagement and Communication (SEC) Conference Call.

Meeting Agenda

3:00pm Welcome and Telephone Overview

3:05pm Updates from CDC – Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD Branch Chief, Chronic Viral Diseases Branch Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

3:15pm “Take Home Messages from the 2015 Institute of Medicine Report on ME/CFS”

Lucinda Bateman, MD

Founder and Medical Director of the Bateman Horne Center

Ellen Clayton, MD, JD

Craig-Weaver Professor of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University School of Law Co-Founder, Center for Biomedical Ethics and Society

Peter Rowe, MD

Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Children’s Center Director, Children's Center Chronic Fatigue Clinic

3:45pm Questions from MECFS SEC Call Mailbox for Guest Speaker and CDC

Disclaimer: Although the content of calls is directed to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and other interested parties, CDC has no control over who participates on the conference call.

Therefore please exercise discretion on sensitive content and material, as confidentiality during these calls cannot be guaranteed.

Please note that questions for the Guest Speakers and CDC can be submitted only via email at MECFSSEC@cdc.gov. This mailbox cannot respond to inquiries received and is in use only for the scheduled MECFS-SEC calls. If you would like to be added to the call list, please send an email to MECFSSEC@cdc.gov.

Contact for MECFS-SEC Conference Call:

MECFSSEC@cdc.gov

Horizon

What I gathered from the call:

-CDC MECFS website will have a healthcare provider section. Almost complete.

-CDC MECFS site will have "patient voice" section with patient stories.

-CDC having Unrest showing for officials featuring Jen Brea.

-CDC request topic suggestions be emailed to mecfssec@cdc.gov

-CDC will offer continuing medical education with webmd, offered on medscape called "spotlight" for 1 yr credit.

-CDC will be present at forum with experts like Dr. Montoya

-CDC collaborating with other agencies on MECFS

-Cosponsoring common data elements project

What I gathered from the call:

-CDC MECFS website will have a healthcare provider section. Almost complete.

-CDC MECFS site will have "patient voice" section with patient stories.

-CDC having Unrest showing for officials featuring Jen Brea.

-CDC request topic suggestions be emailed to mecfssec@cdc.gov

-CDC will offer continuing medical education with webmd, offered on medscape called "spotlight" for 1 yr credit.

-CDC will be present at forum with experts like Dr. Montoya

-CDC collaborating with other agencies on MECFS

-Cosponsoring common data elements project

Thank you appreciate this , as many who wanted to listen in could not . Do you know if anyone was able to record it ? As it was open to anyone