• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Other suplements that will work like creatine

Hi my name is conrad. I am new here. I have been working to try and fix me lets call it. I have comt issues and my methylation issues are all in the red on the snps. Meaning i am having detox issues. My main thing is trying to maintain higher test levels and good libido down stairs. I find creatine helps me but also give me anxiety from taking it,DIM is no good either. Im thinking of testing out some SAM-E today to see how this works along with some adrenal support. Does anyone know of a supplement to have a similar effect as creatine,my libido rises on creatine and adrenal supplements. I feel like my hormone levels are directly effected by methylation. If anyone can offer some advise id appreciate it. Also taking gaba helps calm me down as well.

Learner1

Hi Conrad,

Have you done any nutrient or hormonal testing to guide your decision making process?

The DUTCH test can require helpful for hormones and Genova Diagnostics NutrEval is the best for comprehensive nutrient testing.

SAMe was a disaster for me, but I've done well with B12, B6, B2, magnesium, methionine and TMG to support my methionine cycle. But we're all different, you need to find what works for you.

thats what they they told me to do is the DUTCH test. Ive done nutra eval but been a long time since i did it. What went wrong on SAMEe?