• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

stetson28

I am on quite a lot of things. I am on Mepron, Azithromycin, Cryptolepis, Coartem, Clindamycin, and recently added in Daraprim. I am doing better!!! Yes, that is all for Babesia. ;)

I am not on any meds particularly for Bartonella, and I believe Clindamycin can hit Lyme a bit.

If you have questions you could start a private conversation so we don't hijack this thread about mycotoxins!

All the best!

dannybex

IIn January I started rinsing my sinuses with a bacterial culture called Bactoferm F-RM-52 containing Lactobacillus Sakei. (While still following Brewer's antifungal protocol.) A research study showed that people with chronic sinus infections lack bacterial diversity, and lack a critical friendly bacteria called Lactobacillus Sakei. The results have been remarkable. I have gone from chronic sinus infections and endless antibiotics to one sinus infection in six months. I believe the only reason I had the one infection is that I used a culture for to long, and it lost it's potency.

Detailed information can be found at: http://lactobacto.com/2015/01/12/the-one-probiotic-that-cures-sinusitis/

@Ifish -- 'Rinsing' your sinuses w/Bactoferm...

Do you have a recipe that has worked for you? In other words, how much sterilized water to how much Bactoferm? Also, I'm assuming there's no histamine reaction with l. sakei despite that when it's used for meats, it helps produce histamine?

I've asked a few questions on that blog over the last year, but haven't taken the leap. Good to hear it's helping you. Another to consider is l. plantarum if you have issues with dust mites.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Last edited:

Ifish

Dan,
I mix 1/8 tsp in 5ml distilled water. Any way you can send it up your nose is fine. I use a NasoNeb. Of all the substances I have sent up my nose over the years this is the most pleasant. It is very mild.

dannybex

Dan,
I mix 1/8 tsp in 5ml distilled water. Any way you can send it up your nose is fine. I use a NasoNeb. Of all the substances I have sent up my nose over the years this is the most pleasant. It is very mild.
Thanks @Ifish -- good to know it's mild. I hope to get some in the next month and give it a try.

Daffodil

hi all. i think i contaminated my EDTA solution thanks to my brain not working at all. my local doctor wont prescribe it.i brought it from the USA. so now i am wondering...has anyone done just the Nystatin and had good results?

i read a 2015 paper by Brewer where he said its possible EDTA wouldnt be needed.

Ifish

I stopped using the EDTA ever a long time ago. I am fairly sure it is not necessary. Brewer has told me that he has other patients who quit the EDTA and have done as well without it

aquariusgirl

I started on brewers new formula & got flu symptoms: swollen lymph nodes runny nose & 2 nights if hellacious brain inflammation.

I don’t recall the last time I got a cold or flu BUT my boyfriend had just gotten over one.

I asked Brewer if it could be an IRIS reaction . He said yes.

So 2/3 days of a nasal spray & boom immune activation...weird right?

I stopped the nasal spray but the cold is passing now.

Charles555nc

I use EDTA suppositories, Its great for preventing heart disease (calcium chelator) and it breaks down biofilms, makes me feel more normal in the short term.

As far as herxing:
I was on cholestyramine for mold/lyme and hit a huge herx, I heard using other binders for the cholestyrmine might help so I took a scoop of glucomannan and later pooped out a short rope of fungus practically and that helped with the herxing. I was shocked because I do a low sugar diet and try and eat healthy most of the time.

aquariusgirl

The edta is just a biofilm buster.,,the antifungal is the core of the treatment.

I wasn’t herxing. I was having an inflammatory reaction..maybe histamine. Maybe metals.

Last edited:

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
I have always had trouble disiguishing herx vs macas/cirs. I usually just do a 1 oz shot of pure lemon juice on an empty stomach, in 15 minutes I get about 90 minutes of relief if it is a mycotoxin/endotoxin herx but I get no relief or change at all if it is a histamine/mast cell/ peroxide inflammatory response.

Charles555nc

Well then there's anti histamines for a histamine response and DMSA for removing toxic metals...
Cholestyramine for lyme/mold toxins.

Daffodil

Hi All. I have a friend who needs an atomizer but I cannot find any of them in Canada (NasaTouch or Rhino Clear). I did find the Rhino Clear in Italy but it looks really expensive + shipping too.

Has anyone managed to buy one at a reasonable price in Canada? If not, does anyone know of a place in the USA that will mail internationally? I bought mine at WoodlandHills when I was in the USA but I am pretty sure they do not mail outside the USA....

Thanks!
Daff

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
I have seen several of them on eBay and some of the sellers will ship internationally but in the past I have used an e-cigarette before as well as an ultrasonic humidifier and even an incense device which was essentially a miniature ultrasonic mister. Most doctors will prescribe a nebulizer they can be modified to use specifically in the nose.

Daffodil

hi all. i am wondering if anyone had MMP-9, VEGF, TGFBeta, etc tested before they took medicines for mold illness...?
thank you

junkcrap50

hi all. i am wondering if anyone had MMP-9, VEGF, TGFBeta, etc tested before they took medicines for mold illness...?
thank you
Yes. But I haven' gotten them again after starting treatment.

My MMP9 was high normal, VEGF normal, TGFBeta was SKY high 27000!, C3a normal, C4a SKY high like 10x normal.