• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

STUDY: Did you have your wisdom teeth removed?

Have you had any of your wisdom teeth removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotThisGuy

just stopped groing when i became sick. since i was young I had not removed them before ME.
They start growing out again with Vit. K and giving a lot of pressure... I also managed to get my testosterone a little up and it seems they again start growing out a bit.

Friend of mine also still has his wisdom teeth and they started growing out with carcinine. (after stopping carcinine the growth stopped also)

Little more context would be nice

alex3619

I have had one upper wisdom tooth removed, but decades after I got ME. It resulted in first acute sinusitis, then chronic sinusitis. I suspect sinus infections are a much bigger issue than wisdom teeth removal, though they are common after the removal of an upper wisdom tooth as the removal can damage the sinuses.

Binkie4

In the lower jaw removal can also damage the nervous structure leading to some pa ralysis of the lip.

My daughter played the flute so this was a concern. All was well however. She had a GA and was fine. She doesn't have ME.

NotThisGuy

yeah, exactly this, now i'm in a bind :(
f*** up situation....
feel bad without vit. k... cant take vit. k because if the wisdom teeth grow out further i need surgery.... dont know how to do it because the anesthesia would kill me.....

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
f*** up situation....
feel bad without vit. k... cant take vit. k because if the wisdom teeth grow out further i need surgery.... dont know how to do it because the anesthesia would kill me.....
Its apparently possible to stretch the jaw and allow the wisdom teeth to come in but finding someone who can do this is like winning the lottery (in Canada anyways). You might get lucky with this list, though it may cost money you don't have [facepalm]
http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Dentistry/find_best_dentist.htm#orthodontist

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've had two removed--one before my acute stage of ME/CFS and one after. I didn't notice any effect on my general health at all. I asked for non-epinephrine local injections and that probably saved me some grief.

I had all 4 removed at the same time while under GA. Two of them were completely under the gum and invisible, the other two were just barely showing through the gum.

My health was never good from childhood onwards, but getting my wisdom teeth removed didn't make anything worse, as far as I recall.

rosie26

In the lower jaw removal can also damage the nervous structure leading to some pa ralysis of the lip.
This happened to me when I had my lower left wisdom tooth out. I had an abscess under it and it was so painful I kept asking the dentist to give me more anesthetic. It took ages to get the wisdom tooth out and in the process he must have cut into a nerve because I felt a sharp pain and my lip was numb for over three weeks on the left side.

I had both lower wisdoms out at the same time (if I remember rightly) over 30 years ago and my upper wisdoms came out 10 years ago.

Sean

All four out since getting ME. No regrets or complications. They were just causing trouble.

But protect the rest of your teeth as best you can.

ChrisD

I strongly believe that the removal of all four of my wisdom teeth under General anaesthetic and followed by a course of Amoxicillin, during a time when I was very stressed and my immune system low, contributed to developing ME. There is clear evidence that GA is mitochondrial damaging and I have definitely seen a thread on this forum about the cavity left by wisdom teeth becoming infected and causing fatigue symptoms - I think a couple of people have found their cure by dealing with this.

Gondwanaland

I had the bottom left one removed about 15 years ago when I was pretty healthy and noticed no bad effects from it (local injection + subsequent 10-day abx course).
The bottom right one has a resin filling.

The upper ones never showed up, thank goodness, because there is no room for them anyway.

*GG*

I am not very wise, so yes, had them out :) Orthodontics done actually, otherwise they would likely still be in my head!

GG

anciendaze

Another related question would be response to anesthesia. In my case it was a doozy, and I've heard the same from others.