• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would you like to run the ME/CFS events calendar?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Over four years ago, I started a calendar thread for upcoming ME/CFS events (conferences, webinars, etc.) and @Little Bluestem helped me to run it.

People would add details of events to the thread, and I'd edit my first post in the thread so that there was a constantly updated and neatly formatted list of events.

Now that we've been doing it a few years, we'd like to hand it over to others to take on.

If you'd like to do this, you don't need my permission or anyone else's - just crack on and set up a thread in the Upcoming ME/CFS Events subforum, and ask the mods to delete my old threads.

Thanks to all those who have submitted events in the past, and thanks to @Little Bluestem for all her stalwart help (especially when I forgot that the calendar existed!). :thumbsup:

Seven7

Seven
An idea would be to set up an actual calendar so any member can add the events. And the forum have automatic reminders of upcoming events that you show interest on. Kinda like Facebook calendar. A thread is very hard as a calendar because does not have the functionality for us the brain fog people. I have missed uncounted events due to the way we handle events. This is an idea for the technical people more than for you @Sasha . I appreciate all you do for us. and Thank you @Little Bluestem

Wally

@Sasha and @Inester7

Sasha thanks for the work you and @Little Bluestem did to keep the events thread going over the last 4 years. I often checked on this thread to keep myself aware of events happening in the ME/CFS comunity. After four years, you deserve a lovely retirement from this job.

Inester7 - I like your idea of seeing if the website can add in a calendar. I am keeping a running list of suggestions/questions related to operations and governance of the website/Forum that I would like to post in a thread for members and the Board to review. I thought other people might also have similar suggestions/questions and I think it would be helpful to capture them in one place. I will add this item to my list unless you would like to handle this idea in a separate thread.

I am thinking that this subject could go here - http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/feedback-and-suggestions.116/

I am tagging @Sushi and @Butydoc to see if they think a thread(s) like this would be helpful for such suggestions/questions and if the link I have provided would be a good place to collect these thoughts, as well as get suggestions of a title for the main thread or a title if this would be better served as a sub-forum.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I am tagging @Sushi and @Butydoc to see if they think a thread(s) like this would be helpful for such suggestions/questions and if the link I have provided would be a good place to collect these thoughts, as well as get suggestions of a title for the main thread or a title if this would be better served as a sub-forum.
This seems like a good idea--go for it and create a thread with an appropriate title. Suggestions like this can be collated there for a time after the forum software is updated and there are resources available to implement workable suggestions.