• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'UNREST' - UK Premiere at Sheffield Film Festival on Sunday 11 June

charles shepherd

'UNREST' - UK Premiere at Sheffield Film Festival on Sunday 11 June at 15.15pm

MEA news item:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...-on-its-way-to-premiere-in-the-uk-6-may-2107/

With link to details of how to buy a ticket etc
  • Year 2017
  • Duration 96 min
Struck by a debilitating, leaden tiredness after a bout of high fever, filmmaker Jennifer Brea took to her camera to make sense of what she was going through. With many questions left unanswered by medical experts, Brea turns to the internet and finds not only that her condition has a name – myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) – but along with it a supportive community of sufferers.

• Director(s): Jennifer Brea
  • Producer(s): Jennifer Brea, Lindsey Dryden, Patricia E. Gillespie, Alysa Nahmias
  • Language: English
  • Format: DCP
  • Premiere status: UK Premiere

erin

Any opportunity for the big pharma. They will be there when what really ME is allowed to be portrayed and taken as a serious illness. They will be there to cash on it. But will they really there to help sick? Ever?

Jan

The MEA is working with the UK production and distribution team on this film

There should be some further news once the UK premiere has taken place at the Sheffield Film Festival - which is the UK's best film festival for documentary films

Hi Charles, I just wondered what the MEA is doing re Unrest? A group of us are trying to get it shown in the South West, we have approached Bude cinema so far.

charles shepherd

Hi Charles, I just wondered what the MEA is doing re Unrest? A group of us are trying to get it shown in the South West, we have approached Bude cinema so far.

We are working very closely with Jen Brea and the UK production team on a number of initiatives

The main one is the parliamentary screening and discussion that we have arranged at Westminster - this will take place in the Speaker's House by kind permission of the Speaker (John Bercow is an MEA Patron). Jen Brea will be coming to Westminster!

I will be taking part in some of the post-film discussions that are being arranged - both here and abroad (I am about to book my flight to Holland for the screening at the University of Leiden)

Our press and social media people are trying to get as much publicity for the film as they can

And there is more….

CS

Yogi

We are working very closely with Jen Brea and the UK production team on a number of initiatives

The main one is the parliamentary screening and discussion that we have arranged at Westminster - this will take place in the Speaker's House by kind permission of the Speaker (John Bercow is an MEA Patron). Jen Brea will be coming to Westminster!

I will be taking part in some of the post-film discussions that are being arranged - both here and abroad (I am about to book my flight to Holland for the screening at the University of Leiden)

Our press and social media people are trying to get as much publicity for the film as they can

And there is more….

CS
No date was mentioned by the MEA and Charles Shepherd about when the film will be shown in parliament.

On ITV it says next Tuesday 24 October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=7UVmIc6FKnE

How many MP's are going. Does anyone know?

It would have been a good idea if we knew the date, for constituents to get their MP to go along to this showing. Especially those who had signed the EDM on NICE and petitions.

No date was mentioned by the MEA and Charles Shepherd about when the film will be shown in parliament.

On ITV it says next Tuesday 24 October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=7UVmIc6FKnE

How many MP's are going. Does anyone know?

It would have been a good idea if we knew the date, for constituents to get their MP to go along to this showing. Especially those who had signed the EDM on NICE and petitions.

Understand the need for quiet working behind the scenes, while others can be more visible w support on social media etc. Hard but important balance to strike to ensure maximum impact for good.

NelliePledge

Understand the need for quiet working behind the scenes, while others can be more visible w support on social media etc. Hard but important balance to strike to ensure maximum impact for good.
The version of the standard letter about the EDM I got from ME Action and sent to my MP did actually include an invitation to the Unrest so as far as I’m concerned they did s good job on this

The version of the standard letter about the EDM I got from ME Action and sent to my MP did actually include an invitation to the Unrest so as far as I’m concerned they did s good job on this
Agree: once MPs signed up for that or shown an interest am sure are followed up. Wanting to support messaging on social media, but not be counterproductive by pushing too hard.

Yogi

Thanks I forgot about that and saw that now.

Hajnalka

Wanting to support messaging on social media, but not be counterproductive by pushing too hard.
Hi @RuthT, if I remember correctly, there was a call to action to invite as many MPs as possible and posts on social media and websites. I didn't follow too closely as I couldn't take part, so someone from the UK should know better, but I don't think we're supposed to keep quiet about it and rather the opposite is the case?

Edit: Here's a link to the MEA website with links to invite MPs and a list who had signed so far (13. September) and more info: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...nvite-them-to-watch-unrest-13-september-2017/

PR thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...e-guideline-tabled-by-stephen-timms-mp.54154/

Last edited:

Jan

And there is more….

CS

Thanks Charles, sorry I've only just noticed that you had replied to this. That all sounds really good. I'll be in touch if we manage to get a screening arranged in Cornwall, I've seen at least one person on the MEA fb page asking about Cornwall.

Hi @RuthT, if I remember correctly, there was a call to action to invite as many MPs as possible and posts on social media and websites. I didn't follow too closely as I couldn't take part, so someone from the UK should know better, but I don't think we're supposed to keep quiet about it and rather the opposite is the case?

Edit: Here's a link to the MEA website with links to invite MPs and a list who had signed so far (13. September) and more info: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...nvite-them-to-watch-unrest-13-september-2017/

PR thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...e-guideline-tabled-by-stephen-timms-mp.54154/

Hi Joh. Yes, saw that and agree not keep quiet - am not doing that. Just trying to calibrate a confident positive response on social media to support Unrest. Surprised there aren’t more likes and messages of support on Twitter etc from ppl in response to the coverage, given impact of and response to eg You and Yours and Today coverage for SMILE.

I think I was also trying to acknowledge the work of the Unrest team, MEA and others that must be going on behind the scenes right now in order for what we can see in the papers and on TV to be happening. Could have put it better!