• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A new album about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Charles Ortleb

Dolphin

I was sent this today:

In addition to being a publisher and journalist who was one of the first people to take CFS seriously, I am also a lyricist. I began collaborating with Chris Davidson, a British songwriter a couple of years ago. Chris was originally discovered by the manager of Freddy Mercury and Queen.

We wrote a song called "The Lady Upstairs" which has become quite popular among the CFS community. We now have an album of songs related to the struggle to tell the truth about CFS with the same title.

"The Lady Upstairs" just appeared on iTunes here:
https://goo.gl/Js8XCc

The collection of songs is featured on a Spotify playlist here:
https://open.spotify.com/user/rubiconmedia/playlist/2DHGXEBd42xDTjN0kjf7b0

It should appear on Spotify in several days on all the streaming services including Apple, Amazon, and Google.

I hope you like it and will share this information.

Many thanks!

Chuck

Hip

Listening to this lovely song, the plaintive cry of the lyrics does have a strong emotional impact. It would be good to play this song to the officials who decide upon allocating (the often inadequate) funds for ME/CFS research.

Dolphin

I was sent this today:

Many thanks for posting the news about "The Lady Upstairs" on PR. And the You Tube video of the song

If you'd like to post the entire 13-song You Tube album, here it is:

I'm hoping people will like the other songs on the album. "We Must March My Darlings" is an activist anthem.

Thanks again,

rebar

I just listened to the first two songs on the album, beautiful and moving. They seem to really get it.

Dolphin

Thanks again for posting information about our song, "The Lady Upstairs."

We thought it would be interesting to ask singers and musicians in the CFS community to do their own versions of "The Lady Upstairs" and post them on You Tube. They can do them in any style they like. It will also be interesting to see the kinds of videos people come up with.

We made the announcement in this tweet:
It might help raise awareness.

Thanks,

Chuck

P.S. The song on YouTube: