• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Horowitz on Chronic Lyme

Mel9

In theory, yes. All four of my different Lyme metrics jumped right after I received IV Rocephin as well.

My LLD has me on:

Clarithromycin 250mg (2 twice a day)
Cefuroxime 250mg (2 twice a day)
Kirkman Biofilm defence (2 twice a day)
Nilstat (nystatin) 2 three times a day.
metronidazole 400mg (1 twice a day) on two consecutive days per week ('pulsing')

While taking these I feel much better.
If I forget any of these my symptoms worsen.
So, they are working.

The biofilm defence and metronidazole both caused severe Herx reactions at first so I needed to start very gradually. Basica Alkalising powder prevents some of the Herx pain.

Btw: feeel good today now I am back on the antibiotics regime. Such a relief.

duncan

@Mel9, Im glad you are getting some relief from the protocol you're on. Sometimes abx can help me, sometimes not. I am just coming off dapsone and Cefuroxime and Rifampen and plaquenil.

Now I am only on plaquenil.

I had been in very bad shape before starting the daposne regimen; I seemed to improve while on it for a while, but then nosed dived.

So, I cannot figure it out. lol

Mel9

@Mel9, Im glad you are getting some relief from the protocol you're on. Sometimes abx can help me, sometimes not. I am just coming off dapsone and Cefuroxime and Rifampen and plaquenil.

Now I am only on plaquenil.

I had been in very bad shape before starting the daposne regimen; I seemed to improve while on it for a while, but then nosed dived.

So, I cannot figure it out. lol

So sorry
How does clarithromycin alone affect you?

duncan

Sorry, I was on mino instead of Cef. Clarithromycin? I do not remember. It is possible I never took that, but I doubt it. I have tried so many over the years, off and on.

Mel9

Sorry, I was on mino instead of Cef. Clarithromycin? I do not remember. It is possible I never took that, but I doubt it. I have tried so many over the years, off and on.

Before I found out I had a Borrelia infection, an infectious diseases doctor had me on Clarithromycin because it was obvious that I had some sort of bacterial infection. That gave me a year of relief from the worst of the disease.

duncan

Last edited: