• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low Dose Antigens / Immunotherapy (LDA/LDI) Lyme

junkcrap50

difficulty in finding the right antigen and dose level.

I thought Dr. Vincent's formulations just throw the entire antigen stew in it together. Like, he combines tons of possible antigens all at once. I believe he says so in his videos, which is how he's gotten such good results, because why bother trying to pinpoint it and your body will ignore the ones it already ignores.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I thought Dr. Vincent's formulations just throw the entire antigen stew in it together. Like, he combines tons of possible antigens all at once.
He does have formulations with lots of antigens--you may be remembering his Lyme mix which has about 72 antigens. But he has found that some of us need different strengths of some of the different components--for instance a stronger dose of Borrelia and a weaker dose of Bartonella. He also does have more specific antigens for most any pathogen you can think of, plus mixes of certain classes of things like molds.

junkcrap50

He does have formulations with lots of antigens--you may be remembering his Lyme mix which has about 72 antigens. But he has found that some of us need different strengths of some of the different components--for instance a stronger dose of Borrelia and a weaker dose of Bartonella. He also does have more specific antigens for most any pathogen you can think of, plus mixes of certain classes of things like molds.
Thank you.Does he have a list of different mixes? Like a catalog?

Sushi

Does he have a list of different mixes? Like a catalog?
No, he makes new ones all the time and makes some for individual patients. However, patient groups discuss their responses to some of the more common antigens and mixes and so we get familiar with them.

Lemnia, would you be able to let me know who Dr B is? I'm UK based too and thinking LDI.

Thanks!

Did you mean Dr B in Connecticut?

I guess so. Does he/she do LDI? I'm UK based so I was wondering if they do Skype sessions?

Thanks!

Yes she does on both counts.

Hi @Vitalic, I think you might find interesting and plenty of evidence in the article I wrote on LDI, Lyme and CFS, that will for sure give answer to some of your questions:

http://www.sfc-em-investigacion.com/download/file.php?id=359

As for the homeopathic "issue". Well, actually most conditions treated with LDI need an average dose of 6C (1C=1:100 dilution). This is still a very diluted dose, but EPD ("old" version of LDI) has shown in some solid papers (blinded, against placebo) that at these doses, it worked even better than normal specific-antigen-based-immunotherapy for allergies--for instance raising the number of CD8+ cells.

Moreover, I made the maths and some paper showed how dilutions of 8C did promote an efector response (for the regulatory response expected from LDI, the doses must be way lower).

But, let's be realistic. Yes, the range of doses for Lyme patients is incredibly wide: some need a dilution of 25 C, while others need 4C... So..what is going on here? We go from homeopathy to real molecular science? Even in the same patient, whose first dose is 15C and has to work it up until say 6C over time, as he/she gets better?

I really don't have an answer as for why we, ME/CFS patients with Lyme disease might need so diluted doses... I really don't know. But I have been put in bed for weeks after a dose of 21 C (yes, 1:10 ^42 dilution). The "flare" was stronger than the herx I got from ABX... And believe me, it was not placebo... (I'm not that masochistic! :)

Just showing facts,
Hope it helps,

Sergio
Hey Sergio where might I find your research article? That link no longer works. Regards!

Sushi

Hey Sergio where might I find your research article? That link no longer works. Regards!
Sergio is unlikely to see your post as he has not been on the site for about 6 months. I'll upload the article for you.

Attachments

• LDI for CFS and Lyme.17.10.2015 Sergio version 2.pdf
    975.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks guys. We are starting his parasite mix this week so trying get a bit more educated. Great info thanks for putting this together.

I’m three doses in to environmental and food allergen LDA treatment. After the last two doses I have had significant relief in my asthma, joint pain relief and improved mood/energy/cognition. The problem is that the positive effects only last 4-6 days after the dose. I’m hoping that over time, the period of relief gets longer.

junkcrap50

I’m three doses in to environmental and food allergen LDA treatment. After the last two doses I have had significant relief in my asthma, joint pain relief and improved mood/energy/cognition. The problem is that the positive effects only last 4-6 days after the dose. I’m hoping that over time, the period of relief gets longer.

Really? Wow. Is it LDI or LDA? If it's LDI, you can report back your experience to the LDI website or nurse or wherever they collect the data. Also, there's probably other LDI/LDA communities online.

I always thought they were like homeopathy and didn't put much into it, even though I really wanted to try it.

Really? Wow. Is it LDI or LDA? If it's LDI, you can report back your experience to the LDI website or nurse or wherever they collect the data. Also, there's probably other LDI/LDA communities online.

I always thought they were like homeopathy and didn't put much into it, even though I really wanted to try it.

It’s LDA. It seemed worth trying since many of my issues are immunological. The periods of relief I get are incredible, albeit brief. I’ll keep this forum updated with how i progress on the treatment.

junkcrap50

It’s LDA. It seemed worth trying since many of my issues are immunological. The periods of relief I get are incredible, albeit brief. I’ll keep this forum updated with how i progress on the treatment.
What kind of doctor prescribed it for you? An immunologist? Seems more accessible than LDI. Why was the environmental and food allergen chosen? Do you have a lot of environmental and food allergies? How much does LDA cost?