• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

multi-mineral/multi-vitamin

Jimbo39

I dont have the money, time, and motivation to take a gazillion supplements. Could someone recommend a good multi? I dont have CFS.

juniemarie

I would love to find one also. When I was on the SMP the Yaskos old multi was part of it and I did well with that. Then Rich switched to a Thorne multi and I never adjusted to it. Yasko has a newer multi called All In One but I have not tried it.
It would be nice to find one

Richard7

I will second @TigerLilea

but it lacks copper and iron. I am not much concerned re iron but you may be. I would be concerned with having zinc without copper, so I supplement. I also supplement with some calcium as calcium phosphate and magnesium with MgSO4 footbaths.

I used to take b right from jarrow with life extensions trace minerals; which has copper but not selenium - an issue in Australia which has low selenium soils. I found that the b right was two strong, and had to split most capsules which is not fun.

But the life extension seemed the best solution last time I worked it out. I buy the two per day tablets and split them when they seem too much.

erin

I went to chemist couple of weeks / maybe 10 days ago to inquire about good quality B1 and B3 vitamins. I usually buy those from the internet. I wanted to talk to someone who knows about them a bit. I was lucky that the owner chemist was there that day. He insisted all vitamins, regardless, best quality and most expensive have a lot of fillers and not good! I was surprised he had some popular brands on display. But he was not selling me any.

He said keep away unless you are proven to be deficient. He told me to the usual; eat well -organic , plenty sunshine and swim, sea water is great for releasing toxins and getting minerals through skin etc..

He also suggested to drink mineral water twice a day. I started to do this. Not sure whether it's a placebo, but I've been feeling a bit better past 3 days. It didn't happen suddenly but a gradual feeling of having more energy. However I started to compare mineral water brands contents from various areas, the one I was drinking had a very high sodium. This might be a problem in future. I would prefer one with high calcium content because I don't eat dairy. It would be good to supplement calcium in my case.

I've read so many articles about mineral water, most athletes use it to replace minerals as they sweat too much during exercise and they use many different brands with different ratios of mineral content. They don't stick with the same brand from the same area.

Though I don't exercise and sweat a lot, I always benefited from IV saline with hydrolites whenever I ended up in A&E. I don't know why though. Maybe it is my diet restrictions causes some deficiency in minerals or ME is causing the deficiency. However my last blood test was OK for most minerals.

I also eat a lot of molasses for iron replacement as I'm always either deficient or borderline. My favorite is carob molasses.

TenuousGrip

One thought .....

You mentioned some serious gut problems at the moment, no ?

You may want to think about not adding a multivitamin to the mix until you get the gut issues sorted out. Could make things worse.

All the best .....

Jimbo39

I would love to find one also. When I was on the SMP the Yaskos old multi was part of it and I did well with that. Then Rich switched to a Thorne multi and I never adjusted to it. Yasko has a newer multi called All In One but I have not tried it.
I've been taking Yasko's All In One buit it has folic acid in it

Jimbo39

One thought .....

You mentioned some serious gut problems at the moment, no ?

You may want to think about not adding a multivitamin to the mix until you get the gut issues sorted out. Could make things worse.

All the best .....
Yes, I will. I've had gut pain for many years but I think LDN has made it much worse. I'm determined to stick with it though as I've noticed a 100% reduction in brain fog. On top of the gut pain, I get dizzy if I stand up too fast.

juniemarie

I would be nice to find one not loaded with fillers.

Ive often wondered about why Yasko put folic acid in that vitamin considering how much of an advocate for taking the right stuff for methylation she is......its a real head scratcher ......never really got an explanation though
I know a few people here on PR take it without problems. If I remember correctly @caledonia was taking it.
Maybe she will give us an update.
@Jimbo39 did the All In One not agree with you or give you bad side effects?