• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blue Ribbon Foundation: new ME/CFS 5 hour online continuing education course

AndyPR

From their Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumentary/posts/1646671338697048
GROUNDBREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Blue Ribbon Foundation is pleased to announce a newly created ME/CFS five hour continuing education course on-line for professional nurses, social workers and Allied Health Professionals.

Applicants may register for the class ($50) at the link below:

HC 100: Forgotten Plague: What Social Workers, Nurses and other Allied Health Providers Need to Know About M.E.

from www.ceuconcepts.com go to:

on-line courses
on-line categories
Health Care
HC 100: The Forgotten Plague
Click on green box "Take This Course"

We have partnered with CEU Concepts of Atlanta (ceuconcepts.com) the past two years to produce this health care class. Please forward this information to your ME/CFS network and support groups to reach clinicians, medical providers, health care professionals and the like who need to know more about myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.

AndyPR

http://me-pedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Ribbon_Foundation
The Blue Ribbon Foundation is the umbrella organization for The Blue Ribbon Fellowship, the documentary Forgotten Plague and Step Up For ME.

It is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation established in the state of Georgia, United States.

http://me-pedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Plague
Forgotten Plague is a documentary film about Ryan Prior, an ME/CFS patient and journalist and his journey to understand the disease.

Plot:
Ryan Prior’s life imploded October 22, 2006, when he was struck down by a disease that dozens of doctors were powerless to diagnose, let alone treat. Against great odds, he becomes a reporter and ventures to tell the story of his suffering and improbable recovery. He is shocked that millions globally remain sidelined by the same disease, many bedridden for decades.

Forgotten Plague is a journey into the hidden world of myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome). It is a chilling tale of our medical system’s failures in addressing many chronic, complex diseases. Yet it is also a riveting story of science’s remarkable ability to transform medicine and improve human life itself.

echobravo

Keep searching, the answer is out there
Thanks @Joh for letting me know.

Support and understanding from family would reduce one source of stress, but my experience is that it is so hard for them to fathom the severity of this condition. And it just creates stress & frustration to try to make them understand the effects of ME..

Sometimes I am thinking, even if they are not able to be of help, couldn’t they at least take 1 hour from their time to read up in ME, so at least I didn’t have to justify myself, debunk uninformed suggestions etc. It seems though, as I spend more and more time in bed sleeping or listless, that it slowly sinks in that something must be wrong.