• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unrest for preorder on iTunes

Hajnalka

My first own thread! :) Had to tell you that I just preordered Unrest on iTunes!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/unrest/id1265409535?ign-mpt=uo=4

Expected release date is October 10, 2017. (Not sure for which countries though, because my preorder says expected release date for Germany is October 31, 2017).

Subtitles are available in French, Spanish and German (plus English for sound-sensitive/hard of hearing people). :globe: That's so awesome, otherwise I couldn't show it to my family!

I read somewhere that other streaming services will follow, so if you don't have iTunes, there will be more possibilities.

#timeforunrest :hug:

Last edited:

lafarfelue

It's so great this is being made available so quickly! October isn't far away at all!

Thanks for posting this. I've been sick with a very bad cold/mild flu the past couple of weeks and it totally slipped my mind.

Unrest is releasing on October 10th - less than a week away - on iTunes!

293E0AFC-B6CB-45F2-B3CF-9A3AC130CD02.jpeg

So looking forward to seeing it! Had to miss the local screening as it was at the exact same time as my Grandmother’s 100th birthday party (which was probably the only thing besides a crash that could have prevented me from going).

Hajnalka

Just noticed that you can also listen to the Unrest soundtrack on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/unrest-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/id1281594851
Longer preview versions of the tracks here than on Amazon.

Edit: Recommend reading Bear Mc Creary's blog in addition, that @slysaint posted in another thread. It's simply amazing how much thought, time and sweat went into every track: http://www.bearmccreary.com/#blog/blog/films/unrest/
Edit 2: Downloaded whole soundtrack, it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Its starting to sound like a bottomless money pit o_O They were gonna charge my local ME group £200 to watch it so we're all going to the cinema instead :)

Graham

Senior Moment
It's £200 to rent it to put on a screening: we are putting it on in a local "theatre" that seats 100, and, together with the hire of the hall, that brings the tickets up to around £3.50. But if just a few of you in your ME group want to watch it, then iTunes is a more appropriate route.

It's £200 to rent it to put on a screening: we are putting it on in a local "theatre" that seats 100, and, together with the hire of the hall, that brings the tickets up to around £3.50. But if just a few of you in your ME group want to watch it, then iTunes is a more appropriate route.

Yeah thats why we're all going to the cinema to watch it. It'll cost roughly £3.50 a head by using the disabled passes amongst us and we don't need to pay for the screening.

Graham

Senior Moment
Ah, a wise move, oh Ms Fury (or may I call you Hell?)!

Actually we have been quite surprised by the uptake. We've already sold over 40 tickets, and the posters, bits in local papers etc. have yet to hit the streets. We are being very optimistic and seeing whether we can get some staff from the local GP surgeries to attend.

We've got geography on our side, because the only other showings in the south-east are Canterbury, Brighton and Portsmouth (so far?). We thought we would offer drinks and snacks from the cafe afterwards with a chance to chat one-to-one with members of the group, or to join a small Q&A session in the hall.

Some days I wonder if we are going to make the hundred sales, and other days I think we will end up with a second showing. Such are the thrill-packed days of life with ME that this counts as excitement.