• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

why do kids sleep so well?

SwanRonson

Forgive the naivety of this question, but I always wish I could sleep as well as my kids do. My teenage boy and 7 year old daughter sleep for like 10-12 hours a night. What is going on with them chemically that allows such long, deep sleep?

drob31

I would guess their HPA-axis is functioning normally and their hormones are balanced. No brain inflammation or nuerotoxins, normal circadian rythm

boombachi

Not mine! My eldest never slept more than 8 hrs as a child. He was regularly up at 5 in the morning and often would wake up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. As a teenager, he now regularly sleeps well past 6 in the mor

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
The question is why do we sleep so poorly... :cry::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::cry::aghhh:

linusbert

they are in a coma!

but there is magic, if you want to have privacy time with your wife... they magically wake up in the exact wrong moment and wanna sleep in momi and popis bed.