• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

any herb,supllement with similar effect on immune system like alcohol??

notmyself

hi,in the begining alcohol was very helpfull, all my symptoms lessen with alcohol,unfortunatelly i become intolerant to it, i throw up and feel like death after just 1-2 beers..i know that alcohol work as a immune supressant so i guess that's why i was feeling better ..is there any herb /suplement that work on the same pathways, supressing the immune system and nervous system on the same time?? or a combination of herbs with same effect? thanks

Groggy Doggy

Have you tried Quercetin? I am not familiar with the pathways regarding alcohol, but know that Quercetin has helped a few friends both with and without ME, with pain levels and overall feeling better.

Last edited:

kangaSue

hi,in the begining alcohol was very helpfull, all my symptoms lessen with alcohol,unfortunatelly i become intolerant to it, i throw up and feel like death after just 1-2 beers..i know that alcohol work as a immune supressant so i guess that's why i was feeling better ..is there any herb /suplement that work on the same pathways, supressing the immune system and nervous system on the same time?? or a combination of herbs with same effect? thanks
If alcohol helps from the vasodilatory properties, a supplement that boosts nitric oxide perhaps. Anything with arginine or citrulline.
MRI Performance NO2 Black was talked about in a thread a while back.

Tunguska

Phenibut is the closest all around alcohol substitute I ever used. Not sure how it effects immune system but not sure how you got to that in the first place