• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Born to Run: NJCFSA Rocks New Jersey

Living here in Jersey, I've been to a couple NJCFSA meetings. They were coordinated and attended by a savvy group of fellow patients who were eager to provide insight and direction and compassion even as they struggled with their own illnesses. I would have gone to more but the distance was too great. I have nothing for admiration for them and believe they represent a fine model. I even retained my legal council because of their influence.

Speaking of NJCFSA, does anyone know why Ken Friedman's 2009 CFSAC testimony was pulled from youtube? His testimony was so powerful, and he risked losing his position to give that testimony. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Glad to hear it Greggory. Somehow they've managed to do alot of things none of the few other state organizations have been able to.

Ken has been an ardent spokesman for CFS for many years now. I did a 3 part interview with him several years ago. http://www.aboutmecfs.org/Int/IntFriedmanPtINov07.aspx. He's worked hard with a number of organizations and is now particularly involved with Pandora I believe. I did hear that he ran into some trouble at his University because of his fight for us (and his daughter). I don't know why his video would have been pulled unless perhaps he needed it pulled. I hope he's doing OK.

K
Speaking of NJCFSA, does anyone know why Ken Friedman's 2009 CFSAC testimony was pulled from youtube? His testimony was so powerful, and he risked losing his position to give that testimony. Does anyone know what happened to him?

kit, I think this might be the video of Ken Friedman you are looking for. If not, it's somewhere else on this YouTube Channel (look on their playlist).

[video=youtube;t5OAD8PTics]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5OAD8PTics[/video]

K
Living here in Jersey, I've been to a couple NJCFSA meetings. They were coordinated and attended by a savvy group of fellow patients who were eager to provide insight and direction and compassion even as they struggled with their own illnesses. I would have gone to more but the distance was too great. I have nothing for admiration for them and believe they represent a fine model. I even retained my legal council because of their influence.

Hi Greggory,

NJCFSA has no support group for Middlesex County, so I've been toying with the idea of getting one going. What county are you in?

kit, I think this might be the video of Ken Friedman you are looking for. If not, it's somewhere else on this YouTube Channel (look on their playlist).

Yes, that's it. I suggested him as a possible interview subject for the film "What about ME?" but then couldn't find the video link to forward it on. Thanks _Kim_.