• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prickly feeling throughout body

SmokinJoeFraz93

For the last couple of months I have noticed that when I am in a warm room or somehow my body is warm, I have these violent prickles throughout my body, and they’re the most annoying sensations ever.

Has anyone had this? And can you explain what it is please?

aaron_c

Does it feel like pins and needles? Perhaps it has to do with blood flow?

I know Shoemaker in particular talks a lot about blood flow abnormalities in CIRS (I think CIRS might be a subtype of ME). And then there's Dr Pall's (now old) theory about nitric oxide issues. NO is a vasodilator so possibly NO pathologies could play into it.

Sorry, I know this lacks in detail and is pretty speculative. But it's where I might start looking.

For the last couple of months I have noticed that when I am in a warm room or somehow my body is warm, I have these violent prickles throughout my body, and they’re the most annoying sensations ever.

Has anyone had this? And can you explain what it is please?
I had feeling earlier this year that my body was hot and ‘peppery’ as in black pepper: spicy, prickly. Hard to explain and was diffuse throughout my body. After a while I remembered I had felt like that some years ago (before recent re-triggering of MECFS) when I had low iron levels that only an infusion resolved. I got my iron checked, was low but not anemic and am on iron tablets and no longer feeling hot and peppery.

I suffer these symptoms too, my doctor said it has something to do with the nerves being affected? I sorry I can't tell you much more, I don't fully understand it myself.