• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Enlander vs Dr Frid

One of those versus threads again :rofl:

I'm curious to know, if you've been a patient of Dr Enlander or Dr Elena Frid and how they approach CFS. I'm not in the states and considering consulting with either over the phone - in conjunction with my local doctor.

MEPatient345

I was a patient of dr. Frid. She doesn't treat ME/CFS, or at least, did nothing for me. She leans towards the opinion that it's always an infection, i.e. Lyme disease, which I think is a much too narrow and simplistic approach. I don't think neurology as a field currently has much in way of solutions for us until research progresses further, so not sure it's worthwhile.

Daffodil

One of those versus threads again :rofl:

I'm curious to know, if you've been a patient of Dr Enlander or Dr Elena Frid and how they approach CFS. I'm not in the states and considering consulting with either over the phone - in conjunction with my local doctor.
the doctor who is furthest along in researching this disease is kenny demeirleir. i wouldnt see anyone else.

Jesse2233

I was a patient of dr. Frid. She doesn't treat ME/CFS, or at least, did nothing for me. She leans towards the opinion that it's always an infection, i.e. Lyme disease, which I think is a much too narrow and simplistic approach. I don't think neurology as a field currently has much in way of solutions for us until research progresses further, so not sure it's worthwhile.

Did she offer plasmapheresis? I've heard of her using it in conjunction with IVIG

do you mean you need someone who takes insurance?
Nope, I'm in a country in Asia where CFS is unknown so my best bet is to find a doctor who can work with my local doctor. I cannot travel either due to health reasons plus getting a medical visa based on CFS is hard so these two doctors are my best bet....

Daffodil

Nope, I'm in a country in Asia where CFS is unknown so my best bet is to find a doctor who can work with my local doctor. I cannot travel either due to health reasons plus getting a medical visa based on CFS is hard so these two doctors are my best bet....
but do these 2 doctors do that without seeing you? I thought that was not allowed..