• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Esther Crawley still plugging Lightning Process

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Esther Crawley has just been on the World Service plugging the Lightning Process on the News Programme. There was also a woman claiming to have been successfully treated with it (don't think she gave her name).

This page http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio/help/faq#contact

gives a chance to comment on items.

I don't know if you will be able to find the item or whether it will be repeated on a later news programme.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Forgot to mention.. A part of LP is promising to stop thinking that you`re sick. Surely that`s a huge problem when questionnaires later serve to assess your level of function.

I have some friends which LP worked for, but it`s not very many compared to how many I know.This kind of media is very damaging for the public view on the patients. It affects us personally, it`s very upsetting! Bizarre, actually

MeSci

Jonathan Savage introduces it. Patient is 'Anne'. Savage says, "These scientists, once sceptical, are now very keen to find out more" (!) Finishes 1620.

Jonathan Savage introduces it. Patient is 'Anne'. Savage says, "These scientists, once sceptical, are now very keen to find out more" (!) Finishes 1620.
well done finding this.
This piece is a heavily edited version of the Today programme with a different presenter.
'Anne' did not do the LP (although this piece implies she did).
She was a patient of Crawley, (also had had surgery which seems to have been edited out) and took 4 years to recover.

MeSci

well done finding this.
This piece is a heavily edited version of the Today programme with a different presenter.
'Anne' did not do the LP (although this piece implies she did).
She was a patient of Crawley, (also had had surgery which seems to have been edited out) and took 4 years to recover.
Should @charles shepherd read this and maybe offer a response?