• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some concerns about homeopathy

brenda

No I did not use homeopathy apart from a few conditions which worked. I have gained my healing through diet and Dr Kruse. I do not know enough about what homeopathic remedies to use nor could afford a therapist. If I had one condition ie ME I would have had more confidence in what I was doing but I have many conditions. But yes I am loads better from being severe to functioning well, moving house going abroad for holiday etc.

I mean it is common sense that the body needs conditions in order to heal.

some people are not likely candidates for homeopathic treatment especially those who have damaged the healing abilities of their bodies with pharmaceuticals, other substances, and above all a diet which prevents it from happening
So why did I get ill and why have I remained ill, here 1km from the nearest road and neighbour, in the middle of ancient, organically managed pasture land, eating home cooked, unprocessed food, taking probiotics and fish oils? I'm sure it wasn't an Orgone blockage.

Hajnalka

MCS is not classified as a physical disease in the UK.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is classified in the World Health Organisation’s International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) at T78.4 (Allergy, Unspecified). I believe that is binding for all WHO member states, including the UK? Thought that the problem is rather that most countries only follow these codes on paper and no one cares what happens in real life? But I'm no expert on ICD stuff.

But yes I am loads better from being severe to functioning well, moving house going abroad for holiday etc.

I mean it is common sense that the body needs conditions in order to heal.
My body got lots of good stuff like meditation and Yoga (when it was still possible) and still I'm only getting sicker. I'm already blamed by everyone else and this forum should be a safe haven from "victim blaming". I'd love to go on holidays what I couldn't do in over 10 years and it hurts to read that I'm just doing something wrong. I believe you were really, really lucky. Yesterday was a video conference before the screening of Unrest and another pwme told us how she made everything right from getting an early diagnosis to eating only organic and she still didn't get better in 30 years. I believe this is just the way ME is and not something we do or don't do.

To not be too off topic :): The reason why homeopathy doesn't work also sounds a little like victim blaming (you've damaged yourself).

brenda

So why did I get ill and why have I remained ill, here 1km from the nearest road and neighbour, in the middle of ancient, organically managed pasture land, eating home cooked, unprocessed food, taking probiotics and fish oils? I'm sure it wasn't an Orgone blockage.

Don't ask me. Have a look at the fish oil and probiotics. You could have a leaky gut and intolerance to a common food.

I believe you were really, really lucky.

Hardly. Sick from 10 months of age with mercury poisoning causing permanent damage to endo system, pesticide poisoning at age 40 making me bedbound. No it has been hard work and constant trying of different diets and things.

brenda

I'm already blamed by everyone else and this forum should be a safe haven from "victim blaming".

Take it like that if you want. Even if someone has damaged their system they can repair it. It takes a long time imo to work out what is wrong and put it right and it is easy to give up before you get there.

lansbergen

I do not do organic. I eat junckfood. I smoke like a chimey. I do not exercise. I do not dieet . I do not use supplements. etc. Nonetheless I have improved a lot.

I only take an immunemodulator and sometimes paracetemol for pain

For homeopathy. I never used it in the classic way but I used it for animals in low dilutions ( D3 to D12) for certain symptoms.

Londinium

Proponents and aides for the pharmaceutical companies hate homeopathy more than anything. Because it works. .

Let me tell you why I hate homeopathy. Just over ten years ago I was on a graduate scheme which involved a lot of travel. My colleague who I was on the road with received some bad news: her best friend from home had been diagnosed with a fairly aggressive cancer. While we were travelling from place to place I had to listen to my colleague beg her friend to follow her oncologist's advice. But her friend had seen a homeopath, who had come out with viciously irresponsible advice about 'natural' remedies, how chemotherapy was just big pharma's way of keeping you ill, how these companies had known how to cure cancer for years but held it back because there was no profit in it. About a year later her friend died, having only changed her mind to try chemotherapy at the last minute. I don't know if the outcome would have been different had she not tried the 'natural' approach, but I do know that the homeopath who sold her this anti-medicine crap is, frankly, a scumbag.

This is not an isolated case: how about homeopaths putting children at risk by advising their parents to avoid travel immunisations.

Last edited:

Skycloud

Even if someone has damaged their system they can repair it.

I don't see any way in which this can be true as a general rule, and it is akin to victim blaming.
I am not unsympathetic with people choosing to try homeopathy; I think there are few people who aren't aware at least on some superficial level that it has it's critics, so buyer beware. You're committed to homeopathy, fair enough, but you should really think about what you are saying.

brenda

I am not commintted to homeopathy and would not rely on it for serious illness like cancer though might use some remedies for various symptoms.. I believe in using a variety of natural means to get the body to heal itself which it wants to do.

Skycloud

I am not commintted to homeopathy and would not rely on it for serious illness like cancer though might use some remedies for various symptoms.. I believe in using a variety of natural means to get the body to heal itself which it wants to do.

Happy to be corrected Brenda. The point I was trying to make, probably badly, was that it is too much of a generalisation to say that "even if someone has damaged their system they can repair it". It is not always in our power, whatever is wrong with a person, that we can repair it. Saying something as sweeping as this is akin to victim blaming, even if that is not the intention.

skipskip30

Let me tell you why I hate homeopathy. Just over ten years ago I was on a graduate scheme which involved a lot of travel. My colleague who I was on the road with received some bad news: her best friend from home had been diagnosed with a fairly aggressive cancer. While we were travelling from place to place I had to listen to my colleague beg her friend to follow her oncologist's advice. But her friend had seen a homeopath, who had come out with vicously irresponsible advice about 'natural' remedies, how chemotherapy was just big pharma's way of keeping you ill, how these companies had known how to cure cancer for years but held it back because there was no profit in it. About a year later her friend died, having only changed her mind to try chemotherapy at the last minute. I don't know if the outcome would have been different had she not tried the 'natural' approach, but I do know that the homeopath who sold her this anti-medicine crap is, frankly, a scumbag.

This is not an isolated case: how about homeopaths putthing children at risk by advising their parents to avoid travel immunisations.

I'm really sorry to hear this. It sums up the reasons why I am against things such as homeopathy but thankfully I've never been so close to anyone affected in that way.

brenda

Well, speaking for myself, l had to get out of a toxic relationship. Then it took time to recover from PTSD. I think these things are important for healing. Some people get stuck here l think. Then it was finding the diet that instigated healing.

I think it's very sad that you are blaming yourself for ill health @brenda. It's not your fault. If everyone who had a bad experience got ill because of it then every living person would be ill because nobody lives a charmed life.
Think about the last two world wars, they touched almost everyone alive at the time in some way, nobody would have been well enough to make and raise new people if emotional pain caused illness.
There is always pain, there is always trauma, life is a battle for almost every living thing.
It is a myth that sadness causes illness. You don't deserve ill health because of past behaviour. You haven't brought it on yourself or had it brought upon you by anyone else's past behaviour.
Genetics has just dealt us, you, me and everyone on this forum a shitty hand.

snowathlete

There is a GP at my local practice who openly offers homeopathy as a private extra. She is a nice woman and tried to help my wife with a problem, and ended up giving advice about homeopathy. I couldn't believe it when my wife told me. I'm genuinely surprised anyone takes homeopathy seriously anymore but when you have GPs doing it it is no wonder that members of the public believe it.

Take it like that if you want. Even if someone has damaged their system they can repair it. It takes a long time imo to work out what is wrong and put it right and it is easy to give up before you get there.

I think a better fairer statement would be -- "Even if someone has a damaged system, they can repair it"

This is very far from the truth though because aging is basically the body becoming more and more damaged, you can't repair that.

Or how about cystic fibrosis? You are born with that, there is no cure for it. So when a parent of a child can't find the right 'cure', are they to be accused of giving up and eventually causing their child's premature death from cystic fibrosis?

brenda

I think it's very sad that you are blaming yourself for ill health @brenda. It's not your fault. If everyone who had a bad experience got ill because of it then every living person would be ill because nobody lives a charmed life.
Think about the last two world wars, they touched almost everyone alive at the time in some way, nobody would have been well enough to make and raise new people if emotional pain caused illness.
There is always pain, there is always trauma, life is a battle for almost every living thing.
It is a myth that sadness causes illness. You don't deserve ill health because of past behaviour. You haven't brought it on yourself or had it brought upon you by anyone else's past behaviour.
Genetics has just dealt us, you, me and everyone on this forum a shitty hand.

I have never blamed myself l was a baby when l had my first environmental assault but there were things l had to do if l wanted my body to heal. Or l could just see myself as a victim and stay sick. Yes you can heal. I am 67 and defying the ageing process.