• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nasal Glutathione?

Tammy

I don't have the answer to your question but I have heard people nebulizing NAC which is a precursor.

perchance dreamer

I've nebulized both NAC and glutathione. They both irritate my nose and make me more stuffy, so I don't use them. I did want to try them, though.

My ENT prescribed mine. I don't know if they are available without prescription. She called in the prescriptions to a compounding pharmacy.

prioris

Why not use S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione. Anecfotal reports say it works just as good as intravenous glutathione and will cross blood brain barrier. I could feel it.

Dufresne

almost there...
I tried nebulized glutathione many years ago with a naturopath, however I couldn't detect any effect. I bought a nebulizer a couple years later and used it with some powdered glutathione bought from JOMAR Labs in California. I didn't detect any effect that time either.

We don't seem to hear much about nebulized glutathione nowadays; probably because it doesn't work very well. But that may be just my impression.

perchance dreamer

@chilove, I remembered that I had tried the glutathione spray, not the nebulized form. My ENT prescribed it because part of what it does is to thin mucous and act as a biofilm disrupter.

Only compounding pharmacies can do the sprays and nebulized forms. Glutathione is very perishable, so I'd be careful about ordering it over the internet if you find a source.

physicsstudent13

how do you nebulize glutathione for maximal absorption is bulk powder supplements a good kind?

can you supply that with NAC powder and whey protein? NAC in mouse studies destroys or thickens the walls of the lungs and heart

my doctor is killing me with high glutathione prices. he administers it with a butterfly IV?

prioris

my doctor is killing me with high glutathione prices. he administers it with a butterfly IV?

I would suggest S-acetyl l-glutathione. Very inexpensive. Read the reviews on amazon. People are saying that it is just as effective as the injections. I tried it. I could definitely feel it unlike other glutathiones.

physicsstudent13

don't the studies say that oral glutathione has really low absorption?

I'm trying to nebulize it with combivent but it keeps clogging the nebulizer and I have to rinse out the parts in hot water. some people on here are saying liposomal has a good effect

prioris

don't the studies say that oral glutathione has really low absorption?

I'm trying to nebulize it with combivent but it keeps clogging the nebulizer and I have to rinse out the parts in hot water. some people on here are saying liposomal has a good effect

many other forms do not absorb well but reviews from people who have taken the the more effective forms says this is just as good. i even felt it. it is low cost for bottle so cheap enough to give a try that might replace your injection

as far as nebulizing thing, i don't know

footnote
liposomal glutathione have been discontinued by many retailers since they don't store well for long enough periods. they start going bad if not used soon enough. i think 2 months.