• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Publicize and shame NIH for cutting Davis funding & lacking interest in cheap diagnostics

Horizon

Ron Davis was funded for 27 years and was completely cut off. He was told that the government "has no interest in cheap diagnostics" I think this is outrageous and we need to disseminate this information and shame them because it is so obvious they are connected to big pharma. Why wouldn't they be happy about cheap diagnostics that help accurately diagnose and save patients lives?

Here's what we need to do:

1. Is there an audio or text quote by an official saying this to Ron Davis?
2. If not, does anyone know where Ron Davis said this? I recall it was in a video, perhaps one of his updates?
3. Once we have the audio or text quote, we should create graphics, videos etc and try to get the media to pick up on the headline that the government does not "care about cheap diagnostics"

perrier

Ron Davis was funded for 27 years and was completely cut off. He was told that the government "has no interest in cheap diagnostics" I think this is outrageous and we need to disseminate this information and shame them because it is so obvious they are connected to big pharma. Why wouldn't they be happy about cheap diagnostics that help accurately diagnose and save patients lives?

Here's what we need to do:

1. Is there an audio or text quote by an official saying this to Ron Davis?
2. If not, does anyone know where Ron Davis said this? I recall it was in a video, perhaps one of his updates?
3. Once we have the audio or text quote, we should create graphics, videos etc and try to get the media to pick up on the headline that the government does not "care about cheap diagnostics"
Horizon,
Please put this in context. When did this happen? Was this in response to a grant request. Etc.
Thanks