• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Proven Treatment-Cure for Chronic Epsten Barr Virus

Daffodil

@drob31 can't you just ask your local doctor to draw the blood for you? that's what i always do.

doesn't LabCorp or one of those american labs draw and send blood to other labs as a courtesy? i think they do for Igenex....you should call them

Hello,

Wanted to provide feedback on my present condition, with some good news also. But first have a question for those who tried the NO treatment : What are the results you felt after using ISOBIDE medicine per my recommended dosage and frequency.? Thank you and your detailed reply will be valuable to others.

My present condition;

1. Feel zero symptoms of ME/CFS that used to be a constant disease in my past. I do feel 100% cured of CFS since Mid 2015 but not 100% cured of all disease so please note this difference. However i have plenty of energy and no more roller coaster up and downs. I work 40 hours a week easily and exercise hard with weight training and swimming 4 times weekly.
  2. As explained in a previous posting, my immune system response to respiratory infections is poor, this could be the result of long term damage caused by the years of Mycoplasma infections and CEBV infections. Consequently, i still catch frequent Flu or respiratory infections. II hate these infections!!!! they really detract from my potential health and energy.
  3. Went to www.rightdiagnosis.com to evaluate various causes immune deficiencies by using their search function. This is a valuable site for such searching as it captures practically all possible causes for an illness.
  4. Found that i should take all the B vitamins [ from B-1 to B-12] at medium high dosages as my symptoms showed low vitamin B absorption and intake quantity through food was lowering immune response. Also was low in iron but knew this for years. After taking these vitamins and iron, i lost about 7 pounds of fat from body and gained about three pounds muscle in just three weeks so this shows i definitely was low in B vitamins.
  5. Getting rid of the constant respiratory infections: Finally decided that there must be some type of long term infection in the lungs or respiratory system and its best to deal directly with that through inhaling antibacterial and anti-viral solutions. Tried using salted water in a home humidifier tabletop unit. It produces a perfect smoke like mist better than an Aerosol. However, using Saltwater, then adding boron salt did not make enough impact while taking this one week. Next i tried adding Silvered water meaning ionic silver water, but still little benefit.
  6. Finally, purchased an Iodine based Povidone Mouthwash "AVELON POVIDONE-IODINE 1% MOUTH WASH",and diluted it 50% with water then filled the humidifier. I breath the humidifier output fully in one Nostril, then switched to the second nostril when it starts to bother the nasal passages.. Iodine can be a little irritating, but note that i specifically used a pharmaceutical product which was developed and tested as a Mouthwash and Gargle for internal use. After that i also breathed through the mouth a few times, but i prefer not to perform too much mouth breathing as some reaches the stomach which we do not want. Not dangerous at these light mist dosages, but its best to attack the respiratory system.
  7. Did this iodine dosing for three days, just 10 minutes twice daily while watching TV and finally the deep sinus passages started to react and junk comes out of the nose.. Again, deep breathing the iodine water mix mist does go deeply in the lungs and kills Bacteria, Viruses and fungal infections. Don't ask me which one was causing the frequent respiratory infections, i cannot tell.
  8. End result is that i have no more infections and feel stronger and healthier overall. Will evaluate this improvement and come back after two months. But conclusion is that inhaling the diluted Povidine mouthwash in a humidifier does work very efficiently at killing long term superbugs that reside in the respiratory system.
Thank you,

Abdulrahman

Last edited:

knackers323

Hello,

Wanted to provide feedback on my present condition, with some good news also. But first have a question for those who tried the NO treatment : What are the results you felt after using ISOBIDE medicine per my recommended dosage and frequency.? Thank you and your detailed reply will be valuable to others.

My present condition;

1. Feel zero symptoms of ME/CFS that used to be a constant disease in my past. I do feel 100% cured of CFS since Mid 2015 but not 100% cured of all disease so please note this difference. However i have plenty of energy and no more roller coaster up and downs. I work 40 hours a week easily and exercise hard with weight training and swimming 4 times weekly.
  2. As explained in a previous posting, my immune system response to respiratory infections is poor, this could be the result of long term damage caused by the years of Mycoplasma infections and CEBV infections. Consequently, i still catch frequent Flu or respiratory infections. II hate these infections!!!! they really detract from my potential health and energy.
  3. Went to www.rightdiagnosis.com to evaluate various causes immune deficiencies by using their search function. This is a valuable site for such searching as it captures practically all possible causes for an illness.
  4. Found that i should take all the B vitamins [ from B-1 to B-12] at medium high dosages as my symptoms showed low vitamin B absorption and intake quantity through food was lowering immune response. Also was low in iron but knew this for years. After taking these vitamins and iron, i lost about 7 pounds of fat from body and gained about three pounds muscle in just three weeks so this shows i definitely was low in B vitamins.
  5. Getting rid of the constant respiratory infections: Finally decided that there must be some type of long term infection in the lungs or respiratory system and its best to deal directly with that through inhaling antibacterial and anti-viral solutions. Tried using salted water in a home humidifier tabletop unit. It produces a perfect smoke like mist better than an Aerosol. However, using Saltwater, then adding boron salt did not make enough impact while taking this one week. Next i tried adding Silvered water meaning ionic silver water, but still little benefit.
  6. Finally, purchased an Iodine based Povidone Mouthwash "AVELON POVIDONE-IODINE 1% MOUTH WASH",and diluted it 50% with water then filled the humidifier. I breath the humidifier output fully in one Nostril, then switched to the second nostril when it starts to bother the nasal passages.. Iodine can be a little irritating, but note that i specifically used a pharmaceutical product which was developed and tested as a Mouthwash and Gargle for internal use. After that i also breathed through the mouth a few times, but i prefer not to perform too much mouth breathing as some reaches the stomach which we do not want. Not dangerous at these light mist dosages, but its best to attack the respiratory system.
  7. Did this iodine dosing for three days, just 10 minutes twice daily while watching TV and finally the deep sinus passages started to react and junk comes out of the nose.. Again, deep breathing the iodine water mix mist does go deeply in the lungs and kills Bacteria, Viruses and fungal infections. Don't ask me which one was causing the frequent respiratory infections, i cannot tell.
  8. End result is that i have no more infections and feel stronger and healthier overall. Will evaluate this improvement and come back after two months. But conclusion is that inhaling the diluted Povidine mouthwash in a humidifier does work very efficiently at killing long term superbugs that reside in the respiratory system.
Thank you,

Abdulrahman

what is the recommemded dosage amd frequency?

do you know where we can buy this online without prescription?

Hi Knackers,

1- If you are asking about the Iodine Mouthwash, these are available from different brands at Pharmacies so you should be able to buy similar product in your city or online. Just ask at the pharmacy counter for: An iodine based Mouthwash Or ask for: A Povidone Mouthwash [ any brand]. Make sure it has at least 1 % concentration Iodine but not more than 2%.

2- If you are asking about the ISOBIDE then again please ask local pharmacists or search online. I used the 20 mg capsules at three capsules daily [ one every six hours] for first 3 days, then two capsules daily for remaining four days, total is only one week and that is it. Very Important: I break the capsule contents in the mouth and slowly chewed on them without swallowing, for 15 minutes. During this time i recirculate the saliva in the mouth. This is the minimum time, if you can do 20 minutes that is better. This is super important. Also I drank a glass of water before hand.

Note: I believe that at first I took ISORDIL in June 2015 which is very similar in chemical structure to iSOBIDE but not 100% identical. If taking ISORDIL: then method is to take as following: Take a 10 mg tablet above your tongue ***not sublingual *** for 10 to 15 minutes until it dissolves and recirculate your saliva slowly. Then take another 10 mg sublingual immediately after and again keep it 15 minutes in your mouth. Do this three times daily for first three days.

ISORBIDE : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isosorbide_dinitrate

ISORDIL: https://www.drugs.com/pro/isordil.html

Abdulrahman

Last edited:

JES

Feel zero symptoms of ME/CFS that used to be a constant disease in my past. I do feel 100% cured of CFS since Mid 2015 but not 100% cured of all disease so please note this difference. However i have plenty of energy and no more roller coaster up and downs. I work 40 hours a week easily and exercise hard with weight training and swimming 4 times weekly.

I'm unsure if you by "CFS" mean that you frequently get infections, because that's not CFS in my view, that could be a sign of some other immunodeficiency like IgG subclass deficiency, which is quite common and leads to constant infections. Plenty of people with CFS here actually never, or rarely get sick at all. I'm one of those that feel better when I catch a cold virus, as most of my neurological symptoms stop when it happens.

I understand you suffer from frequent infections, however, I'd like to know what supplement/medicine you think it was that cured your CFS, and what were your CFS symptoms? In the first post of this thread you have a long list of supplements, are you still taking those? If so, which ones do you think made the biggest difference? What about Isobide, do you still dosage it regularly?

Hello JES.

1- I had 70% of the official Symptoms list for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I met the disease criteria. This was from years 1994 to 2001.
2- Gradually with Natural Medicine research and practice i reduced symptoms down to 40% of the official list in years 2001 to 2012.
3- In 2012 got rid of the Mycoplasma Pneumonia infection completely so this was a further improvement and again,more symptoms dropped.
4- In 2015,June, finally got rid of all remaining CFS symptoms.
5- I did not have any significant immune weakness up to the age of 30 in 1994 when i contracted CFS after severe Flu infections.
6- About what i take, please see the latest postings on this thread. If its confusing, just read through this complete thread again from beginning to end, it will hopefully make things clear.

Yes i understand the differences between CFS patients, it depends on the type of Herpes family virus that is attacking you [and what bacterial infections you may carry]. Those who have EBV or CMV will suffer constant respiratory illnesses like myself. Those who have HHV-6 alone, will have Neurological problems and of course extreme loss of energy.

For HHV-6 and CFS: See: https://hhv-6foundation.org/associated-conditions/hhv-6-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Are you positive for HHV-6?

Abdulrahman

barbc56

@Abdulrahman

The problem with a therapy that has been tried followed by subsequent therapies as it appears in your thread, is that the last therapy tried may not be the one that has actually reduced symptoms.

An example where you sometimes see this is when someone claims they have been cured of cancer using natural cures such as Gerstin, IV Vitamin therapy etc and may be in remission as the tumor has shrunk or can't be seen on visual studies

But these stories are not always so straightforward. The reality is many of these patients started with chemotherapy, radiation, etc. and that may be the factor not the "natural" products that has reduced the symptoms. Unfortunately, this is usually short lived depending on the type of cancer. There are other reasons for this happening but this seems to be the one most relevant to this thread.

Please understand that I am only using the above as an example. It's not my intention nor will I debate the merits of alternative therapy for cancer.

This is why scientific studies are important as they can often figure out what facor is actually working.

barbc56

1- I had 70% of the official Symptoms list for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I met the disease criteria. This was from years 1994 to 2001.
What symptoms and what criteria? Fuduka? CDC? CCC? IOM? This was between sixteen to twenty years ago.
about what i take, please see the latest postings on this thread. If its confusing, just read through this complete thread again from beginning to end, it will hopefully make things clear.
I just reread this thread and am even more confused as you kept changing treatments. I found the justifications for your theories even less clear.
Yes i understand the differences between CFS patients, it depends on the type of Herpes family virus that is attacking you [and what bacterial infections you may carry
I may be misunderstanding you but it seems you have started with a theory about EBV and then cherry picked information that supports that theory. That is not how science works. It's the other way around.

Last edited:
@Abdulrahman

The problem with a therapy that has been tried followed by subsequent therapies as it appears in your thread, is that the last therapy tried may not be the one that has actually reduced symptoms.

An example where you sometimes see this is when someone claims they have been cured of cancer using natural cures such as Gerstin, IV Vitamin therapy etc and may be in remission as the tumor has shrunk or can't be seen on visual studies

But these stories are not always so straightforward. The reality is many of these patients started with chemotherapy, radiation, etc. and that may be the factor not the "natural" products that has reduced the symptoms. Unfortunately, this is usually short lived depending on the type of cancer. There are other reasons for this happening but this seems to be the one most relevant to this thread.

Please understand that I am only using the above as an example. It's not my intention nor will I debate the merits of alternative therapy for cancer.

This is why scientific studies are important as they can often figure out what facor is actually working.

Barbara,
  1. I agree 100% with the example above on those Cancer patients mixing chemotherapy with Natural Cancer medicines, and then claiming a cancer cure based upon the alternative medicine they applied. Totally unscientific.
  2. However, i also accept and respect those who claim a success using alternative medicine alone to cure their cancer. But i keep my salt shaker nearby just in case their claims are iffy,meaning that the product used has no true anticancer properties or is very harmful to the human body..
  3. All the therapies i have written down on this thread provided absolute reduction in the CFS illness i had. All those other non productive supplements or methods from years of experimentation, i did not mention here so as not to cause any confusion. This disease is extremely powerful and i did not a find a single silver bullet, took many activities to kill it
  4. I like it when you look at things neutrally and appreciate this comment. You help others to understand my technique and clarify my story better.
Abdulrahman

barbc56

All the therapies i have written down on this thread provided absolute reduction in the CFS illness i had. All those other non productive supplements or methods from years of experimentation, i did not mention here so as not to cause any confusion. This disease is extremely powerful and i did not a find a single silver bullet, took many activities to kill it

Subjective measures of how you feel are fraught with problems. The following is a famous study that shows why.

Patients with mild asthma were given either albuterol, an inhaler w/o albuterol or sham acupuncture. All groups self reported improvements however when objective physiological tests were given only the albuterol group had a true therapeutic effect.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1103319

So if someone were given an unproven treatment for asthma or any other health conditions, and reported feeling better, that may not reflect what is physiologically happening. The consequences could be deadly.
However, i also accept and respect those who claim a success using alternative medicine alone to cure their cancer
While I will respect someone's choices I will never respect a practioner promoting an unproven treatment that does more harm than good, delays conventional treatment or gives false hope.. Yeah, conventional medicine carries risks but at least your chances are better.

There's a famous Dara OBrain quote which goes something like this, "Mr. Nasa guy, you have discovered a new planet. That's all very interesting but for the sake of balance let's talk to Jo Blow who practices astrology."

The bottom line is that you feel better. However, your methods for proving which treatment is helping you are what I would call into question.

Last edited:

JES

Yes i understand the differences between CFS patients, it depends on the type of Herpes family virus that is attacking you [and what bacterial infections you may carry]. Those who have EBV or CMV will suffer constant respiratory illnesses like myself. Those who have HHV-6 alone, will have Neurological problems and of course extreme loss of energy.

For HHV-6 and CFS: See: https://hhv-6foundation.org/associated-conditions/hhv-6-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Are you positive for HHV-6?

Abdulrahman

I haven't been tested for herpesviruses. It's a bit difficult to get a doctor agree to test for those in my country. It would probably be possible, but I wonder if there is really a value in it when about 97% of the general population has caught HHV-6 and are mounting a persistent antibody response for it. I've had tested quite high antibodies against mycoplasma pneumoniae, but no treatment ever (antibiotic or other) made the antibody response go down, so I suspect it's meaningless also.

I do have some interest in trialing Isobide, but again it's difficult for me to obtain. Two persons on this forum seem to have had some success with it (you and zzz). I'm worried though that tolerance develops, as often happens to nitric oxide supplements, which would make it useless in long-term. I also share the concerns of @barbc56: Since you tried so many natural treatments over the last years, how can you be sure which one helped, especially as your recovery took many years? Some people even spontaneously recover/improve from CFS/ME over time, without medication.

Last edited:
I haven't been tested for herpesviruses. It's a bit difficult to get a doctor agree to test for those in my country. It would probably be possible, but I wonder if there is really a value in it when about 97% of the general population has caught HHV-6 and are mounting a persistent antibody response for it. I've had tested quite high antibodies against mycoplasma pneumoniae, but no treatment ever (antibiotic or other) made the antibody response go down, so I suspect it's meaningless also.

I do have some interest in trialing Isobide, but again it's difficult for me to obtain. Two persons on this forum seem to have had some success with it (you and zzz). I'm worried though that tolerance develops, as often happens to nitric oxide supplements, which would make it useless in long-term. I also share the concerns of @barbc56: Since you tried so many natural treatm about.ents over the last years, how can you be sure which one helped, especially as your recovery took many years? Some people even spontaneously recover/improve from CFS/ME over time, without medication.

Hello JES,

You mentioned that most people have antibodies to HHV-6. This is true. And of course i am sure many people have antibodies to Mycoplasma Pneumonia and such people may not have CFS.

The question is: Have you read my postings on mutations of viruses and bacteria which have the same antibody signature on blood tests, but are definitely not the same microorganism because these are a similar situation to the antibiotic resistant strains of MRSA bacteria.

CFS patients carry extremely resistant strains of the Herpes Family viruses and of the various Mycoplasma bacteria.

How to kill them off? Go back and read my postings again slowly. It takes time and a lot of thinking to absorb the ideas fully. No problem there, took me many years to understand this basis and was similarly confused at first. Once I understood everything, i attacked them so hard and relentlessly that they were destroyed.

Now i have my life back!

Hello JES,

You mentioned that most people have antibodies to HHV-6. This is true. And of course i am sure many people have antibodies to Mycoplasma Pneumonia and such people may not have CFS.

The question is: Have you read my postings on mutations of viruses and bacteria which have the same antibody signature on blood tests, but are definitely not the same microorganism because these are a similar situation to the antibiotic resistant strains of MRSA bacteria.

CFS patients carry extremely resistant strains of the Herpes Family viruses and of the various Mycoplasma bacteria.

How to kill them off? Go back and read my postings again slowly. It takes time and a lot of thinking to absorb the ideas fully. No problem there, took me many years to understand this basis and was similarly confused at first. Once I understood everything, i attacked them so hard and relentlessly that they were destroyed.

Now i have my life back!
how does one receive a chronic EBV diagnosis or come to that conclusion? I have mono several years ago but what tells me that my symptoms come from chronic EBV and not something else?

Thanks

dannybex

As of this date i am free of all Chronic Fatigue symptoms particularly the viral illnesses which caused the upper respiratory infections, overall body tiredness, brain fog, feelings of constant infection agent in your body. My sleep is fine, but i do wear an anti-snoring vest which has something like rubber balls in a pouch tied to my back during sleep.

I don\t want to go in detail of what supplements i take these days, because i need to complete six months of healthy period to be able to claim major health improvements. All i can say is that i still follow a very healthy diet with organic foods, very few carbohydrates, lots of fresh and cooked vegetables, fresh onions, nuts of all types, fruits away from mealtimes, organic grape juice,lemon juice mixed with sage leaves. I also believe in heavy exercise, but this was graded and took me years to develop. I do Sandbag training 3 x weekly and swim Butterfly for 20 minutes twice weekly. Sleep eight hours per night.

Finally, for the past two months i see people catching viruses which i don't catch!!! wow, now that is something new, i actually have a working immune system...........

Abdulrahman

Your post doesn't make sense. You said you were 'free of all Chronic Fatigue symptoms', but then said you don't want to go into detail because...blah, blah, blah... you needed to wait six months 'to be able to claim major health improvements, which you just CLAIMED in your previous paragraph.

And lastly, with a 'working immune system' you'd have a normal response to cold and flu viruses like other normal folks. In other words, you'd develop symptoms, get a 'decent', strong fever, be sick for a week or two, then feel better.

NOT having these normal immune reactions is one of the KEY problems one has if they have ME/CFS. So you're either still sick, or didn't have ME/CFS in the first place.

Hello JES,

Now i have my life back!
Hi Abdul,

Is it possible to chat? I dont see option for PM but is there somewhere else you may be able to be contacted?

I appreciate all your posts across all the web. Thank you for your dedication and years of research.

I too have been in development of exactly your regimen but yours has allowed me to hone in closer and have less doubts I was heading in the correct direction.

Please let me know as soon as possible and hope you are doing excellent.

Wayne

Is it possible to chat? I dont see option for PM but is there somewhere else you may be able to be contacted?

HI Leon,

There's a PM function on the forum. It's at the upper right, between your username and the alerts. Just to mention however, I would love to have you and Abdul chat on this thread so we all can gain insights from your conversation. But that's just my preference. Obviously, you may have your own reasons for wanting to chat privately.

Best, Wayne

Last edited:
Your post doesn't make sense. You said you were 'free of all Chronic Fatigue symptoms', but then said you don't want to go into detail because...blah, blah, blah... you needed to wait six months 'to be able to claim major health improvements, which you just CLAIMED in your previous paragraph.

And lastly, with a 'working immune system' you'd have a normal response to cold and flu viruses like other normal folks. In other words, you'd develop symptoms, get a 'decent', strong fever, be sick for a week or two, then feel better.

NOT having these normal immune reactions is one of the KEY problems one has if they have ME/CFS. So you're either still sick, or didn't have ME/CFS in the first place.

Hi Danny,

When you cure yourself of CFS-ME or at least achieve a total cure of the severe bacterial infections that are a major factor in majority of CFS-ME patients, then welcome to come and tell me what i know and don't know. I developed my own cure for dangerous strains of Mycoplasma which primarily reside in CFS patients. Also cured various HHIV infections in myself and other CFS patients.

Abdulrahman

JES

Hi Danny,

When you cure yourself of CFS-ME or at least achieve a total cure of the severe bacterial infections that are a major factor in majority of CFS-ME patients, then welcome to come and tell me what i know and don't know. I developed my own cure for dangerous strains of Mycoplasma which primarily reside in CFS patients. Also cured various HHIV infections in myself and other CFS patients.

Abdulrahman

What is HHIV? You make broad statements of CFS/ME and bacterial infections, when there is no proof that CFS/ME is a bacterial infection as of today. Mycoplasma can typically be treated with long term antibiotics. I have read about many athletes with mycoplasma that became well after antibiotics, but there is no evidence that antibiotics can cure CFS. Where are the patients that you have cured? I'm genuinely interested, as I don't see them here on Phoenix Rising.

Hi Abdul,

I appreciate all your posts across all the web. Thank you for your dedication and years of research.

I too have been in development of exactly your regimen but yours has allowed me to hone in closer and have less doubts I was heading in the correct direction.

Please let me know as soon as possible and hope you are doing excellent.

Hi Leon,

Welcome to post questions here as you like.

Abdulrahman

how does one receive a chronic EBV diagnosis or come to that conclusion? I have mono several years ago but what tells me that my symptoms come from chronic EBV and not something else?

Thanks

Hi,

That's a good question. Now you are getting into deep microbiology here, meaning differentiating viral strains. Doctors specialized in treating CEBV will utilize specialized labs to make blood tests to determine if you have CEBV and what exact Epstein Viral strain you have. You might have other viral strains such as CMV, so be sure to test for the full Herpes Family viruses.

Abdulrahman