• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone heard of Cortisol Calm Supplement?

wonderoushope

A freind on Facebook was asking about insomnia and someone suggested this product http://www.pureencapsulations.com/cortisol-calm.html

Anyone heard of it/tried it?

Supplemental Facts

• Amount Per Serving
  • two vegetarian capsules contain:
  • vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)800 i.u.
  • Sensoril® ashwagandha500 mg.
    • (withania somnifera) extract (root and leaf)
  • rhodiola (rhodiola rosea) extract (root)250 mg.
    • (standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and min. 1% salidroside)
  • magnolia (magnolia officinalis) extract (bark)200 mg.
    • (standardized to contain 2% honokiol)
  • l-theanine

The Chronicals

The '59 Sound
If you have a weak adrenal system, that stuff is going to be pretty powerful and could lead to a crash. It would crash me instantly.

Vitamin D is a no no anyway - its a hormone and extremely stimulating to some (like me)

Ashwaganda is really nice if you tolerate it, but I find it stimulating, it can help insomnia by its stimulating properties, but too much can make one wired - and 500mg is a LOT in a single dose.

Rhodiola is stimulating and should be avoided if you have a weak adrenal system

Magnolia, gaba receptors, relaxing, pretty good

Theanine - love this stuff, this is my go to everyday, better than a benzo and no withdrawal or dependency.

The thing is with all these 'concoctions' for ME people is we are extremely sensitive, so taking something with high doses of multiple herbs is a recipe for disaster - been there, worn the t shirt so many times.

Try each of them seperately at low dose maybe?

My go to is Theanine and Melatonin - Theanine is best left to build up over time though, so begins to work better after couple week.

ebethc

@wonderoushope

I've taken Cortisol Manager which is similar.. I take a half tab when I'm too wired to sleep, which fortunately hasn't happened in a long time... It seems to "re-set" my system so that I can get back on a good sleep schedule. Expensive, but if you only need a half tab and don't take it every night (which I never have) it's a good solution...

wonderoushope

If you have a weak adrenal system, that stuff is going to be pretty powerful and could lead to a crash. It would crash me instantly.

Vitamin D is a no no anyway - its a hormone and extremely stimulating to some (like me)

Ashwaganda is really nice if you tolerate it, but I find it stimulating, it can help insomnia by its stimulating properties, but too much can make one wired - and 500mg is a LOT in a single dose.

Rhodiola is stimulating and should be avoided if you have a weak adrenal system

Magnolia, gaba receptors, relaxing, pretty good

Theanine - love this stuff, this is my go to everyday, better than a benzo and no withdrawal or dependency.

The thing is with all these 'concoctions' for ME people is we are extremely sensitive, so taking something with high doses of multiple herbs is a recipe for disaster - been there, worn the t shirt so many times.

Try each of them seperately at low dose maybe?

My go to is Theanine and Melatonin - Theanine is best left to build up over time though, so begins to work better after couple week.

Thanks for info. Yes I suspected it could wreak havoc if one has a poor adrenal system.

I have heard this a lot about Vitamin D. I have someone in another group telling me not to take it, but I do get low in it. I am not taking it at the moment as I am the okay range and just trying to get outside and get Vit D, even though it is winter here in Australia.

But good to know about each item. I think you are right, it is best to take things desperately at low doses.

The Chronicals

The '59 Sound
Thanks for info. Yes I suspected it could wreak havoc if one has a poor adrenal system.

I have heard this a lot about Vitamin D. I have someone in another group telling me not to take it, but I do get low in it. I am not taking it at the moment as I am the okay range and just trying to get outside and get Vit D, even though it is winter here in Australia.

But good to know about each item. I think you are right, it is best to take things desperately at low doses.

Im much the same, im D levels are almost non detectable - I cant stay outside for long as I don't tolerate sunlight at all, and if I take Vit D even at low dose I feel like I'm on amphetamines for an hour (receptors so sensitive as to never having any) then crash really bad. My adrenals cant handle the stimulation at all.

Hey your winter is the equivalent of our summer, so don't despair!

wonderoushope

Im much the same, im D levels are almost non detectable - I cant stay outside for long as I don't tolerate sunlight at all, and if I take Vit D even at low dose I feel like I'm on amphetamines for an hour (receptors so sensitive as to never having any) then crash really bad. My adrenals cant handle the stimulation at all.

Hey your winter is the equivalent of our summer, so don't despair!

Very sorry to hear that you can't tolerate much sun and what a crappy reaction to Vit D! I suspect taking Vit D supplements are really not great for me. I feel it brings on fatigue.

Ha ha! This winter in Aus is pretty cold (although quite a few sunny days as well, which is nice), but yeah wouldn't wish this weather on anyone as summer weather :)