• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acidic Muscles

Banana94

Since I took high dosage of Vitamin D (about 10'000 i.U) a day i get really acidic muscles in my legs if I climb more than 10stairs. It got a bit better with high dosage of magnesium. I dont have problems to walk 1hours+ if its flat . Tested negativ for D-lactat and L-Lactat. At my opinion it must has something to do with the maximun power of the muscles, otherwise i couldnt walk longer than an hour. Which other supplements could help me? Which minerals are more used if I have high levels of Vitamin D? Maybe Calcium or Potassium? I almost got a Vitamin D toxification, and it feels no like my musclecells are damaged... I additionally take active b-complex, L carnitin, .. Anyone can help?

Last edited:

NotThisGuy

Maybe VIt. K2 (Mk4) could help.
Since it is anatagonized by Vit.D and important for mitochondrial function.

Banana94

Hi, thanks for your post. Forgot to write that I also take Vit K2...
I stopped taking Vit D about two month ago, that my Vit D level dropped. Both Vitamin d levels are in the normal range now.

notmyself

Since I took high dosage of Vitamin D (about 10'000 i.U) a day i get really acidic muscles in my legs if I climb more than 10stairs. It got a bit better with high dosage of magnesium. I dont have problems to walk 1hours+ if its flat . Tested negativ for D-lactat and L-Lactat. At my opinion it must has something to do with the maximun power of the muscles, otherwise i couldnt walk longer than an hour. Which other supplements could help me? Which minerals are more used if I have high levels of Vitamin D? Maybe Calcium or Potassium? I almost got a Vitamin D toxification, and it feels no like my musclecells are damaged... I additionally take active b-complex, L carnitin, .. Anyone can help?
hey ,i don't know to answer your question, i jsut wnat to ask you,did you have muscle twitching aswell?before taking vit D or after?

notmyself

No, didnt really hav muscle twitching rather I had muscle tension but got better with magnesium!
wich form of magnesium did you use?..i have tension aswell, they seem like they are always contracted,wich can probably cause twitching and weakness..the neurologist told me is caused by stress (same old crap) cause my nerve conduction study and emg were normal..unfortunatelly i have normal serum magnesium.so i don t think will help me much

Banana94

Did you measure the magnesium into the cells?
What really helped me was magnesium by injecton. Mix it with abit procain that it want hurt so much! http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Magnesium_-_treating_a_deficiency

My muscels in the legs were always tensioned an oral magnesium was not enoug for it. Magnesium defficy seems to be very common i. me cfs.
I took the magnesium citrat and magnesiumglycinat which seems to be the most available, but also those were not enough for me.

Last edited:

pattismith

Hi @Banana94 , what were your Calcitriol and Calcidiol levels before taking the provitamine D?

Did you checked it after suplementing? Did you checked your calcium level as well (high calcemia can make muscle pain as well)

Banana94

Yes I've checked it before, they were a bit low but in the normal range and after supplementing Vitamin D. After they were high but not to high. So it seems like my Vitamin D receptor is not really blocked. I dont have muscle pain anymore, only the acidic muscles while stair climbing..

pattismith

Do you checked your iron level?
Checking L-lactate when fasting will not tell you if you have a blood lactate problem.
It may be normal when fasting but high after intense exercise (and climbing stair is!)...

Banana94

Do you checked your iron level?
Checking L-lactate when fasting will not tell you if you have a blood lactate problem.
It may be normal when fasting but high after intense exercise (and climbing stair is!)...

Yes already checked iron and its super normal. The acidic muscles only lasts for some seconds and than its gone but it feels so unconfortable. I really improved the last month, but this symptome didnt get better. And I didnt have this befor taking high doses of Vit D. I' m gonna try it with some magnesium injections and otherwise I try potassium and calcium. Checked the L Lactat whens i was not fasting

Dechi

I have this muscle weakness permanently. 24/7. As soon as I do the same movement more than about 8 seconds, this bad feeling in the muscles starts. It can be anywhere : jaw, arms, legs. I had my lactate levels checked before and after exercise and they were normal. So it probably has to do with mitochondrias.

I never found anything to help. The worse I am, the worse this symptom is.

Dechi

Im so sorry to hear that! Have you tried magnesium by injection? Subcutanous for example? I had no chance to fix my magnesium deficiency with pills! Only by injections I improved a lot! Energy and muscles! Check this link their is an instruction! Do you take other supplements to support mitochondrias?http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Magn...antee_getting_magnesium_levels_up_in_the_body

No, I never tried that. My doctor is very hard to convince to let me try anything even a little out of the ordinary. Imused to take lots of supplements which cost tons of money but nothing really made a difference. Now I don't have enough money to buy them anymore, so I quit.

I'll check your link, thanks ! ;-)

linusbert

Im so sorry to hear that! Have you tried magnesium by injection? Subcutanous for example? I had no chance to fix my magnesium deficiency with pills! Only by injections I improved a lot! Energy and muscles! Check this link their is an instruction! Do you take other supplements to support mitochondrias?http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Magn...antee_getting_magnesium_levels_up_in_the_body

Hello banana, I just read your instructions for subcutaneous magnesium injections.
I might try this later but I'm on little anxious because I already get some side effects from magnesium oral, and I suspect it's because I am vitamin D deficient a lot! And the reason this actually a calcium deficiency which i then suffer when taking magnesium. This is relative new as i always tolerated magnesium very good except diarrhea setting in fast after a few days. I might fix the vitamin D deficiency first before I try this.

What I also wanted to ask, I want to do a L-Carnitine injections (i got L-carn injektion alfasigma ampulles) also subcutaneous, but the medicine is not for subcutaneous injections but only IV. it contains only: L-carnitine, HCL, water.
Can i do this for SQ?

I would have written you a PM but I don't know if and how this is possible here, so i revived this old threat. sorry.

linusbert

@Banana94 sorry, just wanted to bump my question again, as i forgot to mention you in it so you probably didnt get a notification.

Hello banana, I just read your instructions for subcutaneous magnesium injections.
I might try this later but I'm on little anxious because I already get some side effects from magnesium oral, and I suspect it's because I am vitamin D deficient a lot! And the reason this actually a calcium deficiency which i then suffer when taking magnesium. This is relative new as i always tolerated magnesium very good except diarrhea setting in fast after a few days. I might fix the vitamin D deficiency first before I try this.

What I also wanted to ask, I want to do a L-Carnitine injections (i got L-carn injektion alfasigma ampulles) also subcutaneous, but the medicine is not for subcutaneous injections but only IV. it contains only: L-carnitine, HCL, water.
Can i do this for SQ?

I would have written you a PM but I don't know if and how this is possible here, so i revived this old threat. sorry.