• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried amending the Wikipedia entry?

Kenny Banya

Manganus

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
they're possible going to revert your changes, mate... wikipedia is not a democracy, and I even thin they might have an agenda. The "chronic fatigue syndrome" is specially suspicious. Good luck anyway!

Murph

:)
You're new to this, aren't you. :whistle:

Putting effort into fixing that page (or indeed anything on Wikipedia) is frustrating. here's what happens:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 10.23.32 PM.png

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Editing Medical Wikipedia is hard as everything is micromanaged by Doc James the tyrant and his minions.

I did have a chuckle that universities in Australia have recently discussed lowering standards to allow citing Wikipedia in undergrad.....

Really? I was told I would fail an assignment if I did that!

I know a few people who did cite Wikipedia and did fail!

Seven7

Seven
We need to gain control of that page and maybe we can put the IOM report stuff instead. As a community this is crazy. That is a person what is the formal procedure to take control???
It dones't matter if the person changes it back. We have nothing but people with time here. GO ahead and create the content, then we can enter the war and just change it back we will outnumber this person believe me.

We are winning the PACE fight we shouldn't stop here.

c31

If any one is thinking of helping out on Wikipedia there is currently a small but important change that is being discussed about the CDC's statement that "There is no cure or approved treatment for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)." There is opposition to including 'No Approved treatment' on the Wikipedia page. You can contribute at the bottom of "The CDC guide has been updated." on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
It dones't matter if the person changes it back. We have nothing but people with time here.
I have heard that if you change something more that 3 times in 1 day you are banned from widipedia. So:

You correct it. (1)
Idiot changes it back. (1)

You correct it (2).
Idiot changes it back. (2)

You correct it. (3)
Idiot changes it back. (3)

You correct it. (4) Opps, You're banned.
Eventually, everyone here would be banned.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I have heard that if you change something more that 3 times in 1 day you are banned from widipedia. So:

You correct it. (1)
Idiot changes it back. (1)

You correct it (2).
Idiot changes it back. (2)

You correct it. (3)
Idiot changes it back. (3)

You correct it. (4) Opps, You're banned.
Eventually, everyone here would be banned.

"Wikipedia, preserving the status quo since 2000" or "Wikipedia, setting things on stone on the digital age since 2000"