• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Mail - Disgusting old fart ....

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
'Disgusting old fart, neoliberal hypocrite': Angry scientists throw insults at each other over the results of a £5 million taxpayer-funded study into chronic fatigue syndrome

Angry scientists are throwing cheap insults at each other regarding the 'flawed' results of a landmark £5 million British study on chronic fatigue syndrome.

One medical journal dedicated its entire August edition to ripping apart the 'unreliable' trial, which was funded by taxpayers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...lts-regarding-flawed-study.html#ixzz4oVLZUwAX

Skippa

Anti-BS
Throwing insults at each other (not just one way).

Whilst the DM might not be people's paper of choice... (eta'd to remove my personal opinions here)...

It at least pays tribute to the "other side of the argument" - and no I'm not reading the whole thing 'cos I'm sure much of it will upset me.

I'm clinging to any positives, however small.

I'm starting to think Coyne knows how to get media attention - no insults, no story.

Chrisb

Do we know who was the third editor who resigned? Strange that only two ever get a mention in all the coverage.

Strange also how many of those with whom we have to contend seem to have made the journey from Trotskyite. There was even once a Secretary of State for Health. He of "Haze of Dope" fame.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
I'm happy with that. If you click on the "StatNews" link it goes straight to Julie Rehmeyer's article, which is brilliant. Plus there's an explanation of what a trotskyite is for those who don't know how to google. I googled "difference between marxist and trotskyite" this morning just to be sure where Fiona Fox and George Davey Smith differ in their former ideologies (they're both pie merchants now).

wdb

For a Daily Mail article I'm quite pleased with that, this whole Angry scientists throw insults angle might be working out quite well in term of giving news outlets a good headline and a reason to cover the story, any publicity is good if it gets more people to look at the journal.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Well they say there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Cunning or inadvertent success (Coyne?) or own goal (BPS crowd) the juicy spat between scientists also manages to get the major issues into the public domain plus advertises the JHP special which I'm pretty sure would have otherwise been ignored by the mainstream media.

sarah darwins

Yep, all this can only be good news. Those BPS charlatans have thrived in darkness. All this is going to let the light come pouring in.

HORROR-OF-DRACULA-the-Count-in-pain.png