• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celebrate Prof. Davis' birthday!!!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Hopefully we can do the same as our wonderful campaign last year and give Prof. Davis a fantastic birthday!

Worldwide%20tour%20w%20OMF%20logo.png

GIve Dr. Ron Davis The Greatest Birthday Present

On July 17th, Dr. Ron Davis will be celebrating his birthday. OMF is inviting you to join us in being part of a special birthday surprise for him.

On August 10th and 11th, OMF and Dr. Davis are organizing a ME/CFS Collaborative Team Meeting at Stanford University with world-renowned scientists and experts. OMF is underwriting the 2-day scientific meeting and is providing support for the Community Symposium on August 12th. Join us and meet our scientists in person and be updated first-hand on progress made and future plans! (Registration is still open. If you are able to join us, make your reservation today.)

Please contribute in honor of Dr. Davis and show him how much our community appreciates his work. Last year, Dr Davis was sincerely moved by the outpouring of support for his birthday and he truly cherishes the personal messages he received. This year, all donors will be invited to sign an online worldwide card created just for Dr. Davis.

Dr. Davis and Linda Tannenbaum, CEO/President, both parents of sick children, are on a path for a cure and for answers. We can solve this complex and debilitating disease by working together.

Please donate generously to honor Dr. Davis and support OMF's research.

Thanks guys,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH

Ben H

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROF. DAVIS! :balloons::nerd::cool::balloons:

Thank you to all who have donated, I know Prof. Davis will appreciate it so much.

From all of us here at PR, have a wonderful day, preferably with some icecream. :)

B

Last edited:

Old Bones

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) The opportunity to say Happy Birthday to Ron, with thanks, didn't appear as expected after making an online donation today in his honour. Will you please pass on my very warmest wishes -- and save some for yourself, of course.

Correction: A link to send a personal message to Ron was included in a confirmation email just received from Linda Tannenbaum of the Open Medicine Foundation.

Ben H

Donated.

Happy Birthday Dr Davis.

Good luck with your research. You give hope to us all.

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) The opportunity to say Happy Birthday to Ron, with thanks, didn't appear as expected after making an online donation today in his honour. Will you please pass on my very warmest wishes -- and save some for yourself, of course.

Correction: A link to send a personal message to Ron was included in a confirmation email just received from Linda Tannenbaum of the Open Medicine Foundation.

Thank you so much @Binkie4 and @Old Bones :)

B

Ben H

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that $9000 was raised on top of usual donations!:balloons: So thank you so, so much. Prof. Davis also has a wonderful signed card which is a great gesture.

Thought you all would like to know!

B

Jill

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that $9000 was raised on top of usual donations!:balloons: So thank you so, so much. Prof. Davis also has a wonderful signed card which is a great gesture.

Thought you all would like to know!

B
Hi Ben,
Im sorry I was without a computer on Rons birthday but would like to donate. Do I just do as usual on the donate button on the first comment on the thread. It will only be small, but atlas it'll buy the crew maybe ice-cream :)

Ben H

Hi Ben,
Im sorry I was without a computer on Rons birthday but would like to donate. Do I just do as usual on the donate button on the first comment on the thread. It will only be small, but atlas it'll buy the crew maybe ice-cream :)

Hi @Jill

No worries-thank you, that is so kind!

Yes you should be able to donate via the 'donate' link at the top (just checked, still works).

B