• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please sign the MEA's petition asking NICE to review the guidelines for ME (CLOSING MONDAY JULY 24)

Countrygirl

Perhaps someone should remind Professor David Haslam of his statement here:

19990274_1486999504654972_4220457106748027337_n.png

@charles shepherd , why not leave this petition open, instead of closing it after 7 days? I can understand that you have a limited time frame to get the MEA's response to the NICE guidelines in but you could easily take a screenshot of the petition at a particular time of your choosing, while leaving the petition to run and continue to amass signatures so as to strengthen any argument for changing the guidelines at a future point in time.

charles shepherd

@charles shepherd , why not leave this petition open, instead of closing it after 7 days? I can understand that you have a limited time frame to get the MEA's response to the NICE guidelines in but you could easily take a screenshot of the petition at a particular time of your choosing, while leaving the petition to run and continue to amass signatures so as to strengthen any argument for changing the guidelines at a future point in time.

This is being discussed now that the deadline for stakeholder consultation responses has been extended

I see that we are now heading for 7,000 signatures - in only three days!

This must be some sort of record for an ME/CFS related petition….

CS

I see that we are now heading for 7,000 signatures - in only three days!

This must be some sort of record for an ME/CFS related petition….
All due respect, maybe in terms of progress in just 3 days, but you need to go some to beat MEActions 10k+ on, I think, the call to retract PACE, and the 30K+ that Mary Gelpi's call to the NIH to increase funding got.

charles shepherd

All due respect, maybe in terms of progress in just 3 days, but you need to go some to beat MEActions 10k+ on, I think, the call to retract PACE, and the 30K+ that Mary Gelpi's call to the NIH to increase funding got.

Yes, but I was referring to 7000 (we are almost there!) in three days….

Looks as though we should reach 10,000 at some point

30,000 looks rather ambitious!

CS

Just seen that we have broken the 7000 barrier in less than 3 days...