• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treatment options Ron Davis

AdamS

This is old news but the staphylococcus aureus vaccine 'Staphypan Berna' also showed great promise. I believe @Hip had some quite remarkable temporary improvements in cognitive functioning from a Russian version containing the same active ingredient. I wonder if Davis is aware of Staphypan, from what i've read some people were almost cured from taking it and able to return to work. I'd love to know a bit more about how it helped people with ME and if this could give some clues about the root cause of the disease.

Additionally, another treatment that interested me a while ago was the antibiotic Azithromycin, a 2006 study apparently showed that 59% of CFS (Fukuda) patients improved while on a 6 week protocol on the antibiotic. I believe it has some immunomodulatory effects which could partly explain this. I've tried it myself and definitely did feel better for a few days although the effects wore off after I stopped, I only took one dose though...not a great deal of hope to be taken from this but at least it's another treatment study!

Tally

Why do you assume I don't know that?
Suramin hexasodium is a white powder. It is dissolved in water to make an injectable solution.

I don't know what you know. I never met you. It was pertinent information to the disucssion. No need to take it personally, don't you realize I was agreeing with you?

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Additionally, another treatment that interested me a while ago was the antibiotic Azithromycin, a 2006 study apparently showed that 59% of CFS (Fukuda) patients improved while on a 6 week protocol on the antibiotic. I believe it has some immunomodulatory effects which could partly explain this
You know, what we need is a wiki with all the treatments sorted by ineffective, effective and worth further research for researchers to use as a reference.

Aroa

I think Research needs more focus on treatments. There are some diseases in which ethiology is not well known and they have a treatment. And we need a fast track approach !!!!

If there is a hypothesis that a single dose of something may have a significant benefit on us, why do we have to wait so long to test the treatment ? Isn´t there a different way of doing things so that we accelerate the process ?

Last edited:
I think Research needs more focus on treatments. There are some diseases in which ethiology is not well known and they have a treatment. And we need a fast track approach !!!!

If there is an hypothesis that a single dose of something may have a significant benefit on us, why do we have to wait so long to test the treatment ? Isn´t there a different way of doing things so that we accelerate de process ?

Ron Davis is doing everything he can to accelerate treatments.

There is no shortcut to good science, yet what he is doing is remarkable.

If the Nano needle technology proves to be diagnostic and a treatment test, this would be groundbreaking beyond all hope just a short while ago.

But let's give the man a bit of time and space to work it out, I am sure we will hear more before the end of the year.

jump44

I might sound like a total downer but I think they may find this to be incurable. In my body it feels that way. I think they may find things that put it in remission but once you have it youre always sucseptible to crashing and going back into the abyss. Im obviously no scientist and I hope what some are saying is true and that they can "flip a switch" and things will go back to normal.

It just *feels* like something or too many some-things have gone too far off the rails to totally cure it.
Obviously I hope I end up being very wrong.

Demepivo

Dolores Abernathy
I feel this way too sometimes. If only we had something to help us manage this disease and live with some stability, that would be enough for me.

If you look at the autoimmune illnesses (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS) a variety of drugs are available to improve quality of life. Curing them seems a bit more elusive.

People's bodies are basically still capable of recovery, the normal healing process is completely messed up (understatement). Robert Naviaux thinks some kind of recovery is possible..

I'm not bothered about a cure as long as there is an effective treatment that gives my quality of life back. I would be happy to never run a marathon or climb a mountain...I just want to take my tablets and enjoy the simple things in life again and not have the worry of future declines hanging over me.

I think Ron is our best bet by far, so I'm thinking 5 years to be a little more patient.

sb4

there is no excuse for adults to fall for this trickery in 2017 when you can learn all you need to know from several introductory sentences on wikipedia.

Promoting homeopathy is unethical, the same way promoting witchcraft for treatment would be.

I wouldn't use such strong statements. I used to think homeopathy was a joke however the more I have learned about water, the more I think there is a plausible mechanism.

I think current scientific understanding is very wrong on some big topics. This means I keep an open mind on these things.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
ME Action started ME Pedia
It's crowd funded, you can create an account and edit the pages.
Thanks for telling us who runs it, i'm not able to think globally anymore so i would not be able to handle that.

Tally

I wouldn't use such strong statements. I used to think homeopathy was a joke however the more I have learned about water, the more I think there is a plausible mechanism.

If you had learned from meta-analysises and systemic reviews you would still think it's a joke.

I think current scientific understanding is very wrong on some big topics. This means I keep an open mind on these things

Science is usually wrong when there is scant research, when only a few scientists dominate the field, and when research only comes from small number of countries. You may recognize PACE trial and psychosomatic narrative in this description.

Debunking of homeopathy has happened in numerous countries, from Switzerland to Spain to UK to Canada to Australia. WHO, US FDA, FTC, Australian MNHMRC, UK ST... all declared homeopathy ineffective. James Randi has taken bottles upon bottles of homeopathic sleeping pills and then stood and held lectures without so much as a yawn.

For homeopathy to be real majority the laws of physics, biology and chemistry would have to be wrong. This is never going to happen. Even when Einstein came along he didn't tear down Newton, he built upon his work and expanded. This stuf is not just theory. These things are not just some words on paper scientist publish to keep their tenure, they have proven themselves over and over again in practice.

Without overstating it, homeopathy has the same chance of being correct as does flat-earth.

----------------------------

More on topic, does anyone maybe know what were the 3 potential treatment options Dr. Davis mention in his recent video? I am assuming two are Suramin and Rituximab.

sb4

Science is usually wrong when there is scant research, when only a few scientists dominate the field, and when research only comes from small number of countries. You may recognize PACE trial and psychosomatic narrative in this description.

Since can still be wrong when there is excess data, when egos and financial interest are involved. Examples are PACE, saturated fat, nnEMFs, and many others that it could be wrong on.

For homeopathy to be real majority the laws of physics, biology and chemistry would have to be wrong. This is never going to happen. Even when Einstein came along he didn't tear down Newton, he built upon his work and expanded. This stuf is not just theory. These things are not just some words on paper scientist publish to keep their tenure, they have proven themselves over and over again in practice.

No, it doesn't. For homeopathy to work it just needs Gerry Polacks theory on water to be correct, which I think it is.

junkcrap50

Jeeze, I'm sorry I even mentioned the idea of homepathic suramin. I just thought it would be a harmless thing to try.

Tally

No, it doesn't. For homeopathy to work it just needs Gerry Polacks theory on water to be correct, which I think it is.

You mean Gerald Pollack? Even if he was right it still wouldn't come close to meaning homeopathy works. Not to mention hundreds of medical trials where homeopathy did no better than placebo.

Jeeze, I'm sorry I even mentioned the idea of homepathic suramin. I just thought it would be a harmless thing to try.

Don't be sorry. Research has shown we are so prone to biases that we are almost incapable of finding mistakes in our own reasoning. Discussions like this with other people are very important.

If you are really interested in Suramin rather use that money to help fund Dr. Naviaux's real research than give the money to people who are trying to fool you for profit, and who care more about money than another human being's health.