• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has Dr. Ron Davis tested Suramin in his expirements?

junkcrap50

Does anyone have any information about Dr. Ron Davis testing Suramin in his experiments? Using his CFS culture on a chip technology?

I know this is hersay and rumor, but I came across an interesting comment on an article on Cort's healthrising.org. See comment #4, made by sebastien from france on June 7, 2017 at 1:42 pm here: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ome-davis-watson-seahorse-nanoneedle/#respond

He states that he heard from someone who attended Dr. Davis's presentation at liME12 conference in London that Dr. Davis has "tried suramin in [cfs] blood on his small test-puce [sic]…Healthy cells in the [cfs] blood continued to function normally with suramin…"

Just want to get this out there and see if anyone knows more about it. I realize it would be very preliminary, but it seems strong enough that Dr. Davis supposedly shared it publicly. This would be great news and provide great hope to us.

Thanks for any information any one has.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Ron has been talking a lot about his diagnostic technology, with reference to his impedance chip I got to ask him if he has tested suramin on it, and he said yes he has, and it appears to make the cells normal.

But, there is always a but, supply of suramin, even for testing is a big issue.

flitza

Does anyone have any information about Dr. Ron Davis testing Suramin in his experiments? Using his CFS culture on a chip technology?

I know this is hersay and rumor, but I came across an interesting comment on an article on Cort's healthrising.org. See comment #4, made by sebastien from france on June 7, 2017 at 1:42 pm here: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ome-davis-watson-seahorse-nanoneedle/#respond

He states that he heard from someone who attended Dr. Davis's presentation at liME12 conference in London that Dr. Davis has "tried suramin in [cfs] blood on his small test-puce [sic]…Healthy cells in the [cfs] blood continued to function normally with suramin…"

Just want to get this out there and see if anyone knows more about it. I realize it would be very preliminary, but it seems strong enough that Dr. Davis supposedly shared it publicly. This would be great news and provide great hope to us.

Thanks for any information any one has.

What a great question!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks! I tried to find a thread for the IiME conference but couldn't.
When something is quoted, there is a little up arrow after xxx said. Click on that and it will take you to the original post--in this case the post in the thread about the conference.

junkcrap50

When something is quoted, there is a little up arrow after xxx said. Click on that and it will take you to the original post--in this case the post in the thread about the conference.

No, I know. I did do that. Thanks. That's how I found the thread. I couldn't find it before, by searching, until you posted.