• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is everyone from Phoenix Rising and at the London Conference safe tonight?

Gingergrrl

I didn't see another thread on this yet and wanted to make sure that all our members of Phoenix Rising in the U.K. and those at the London Conference are safe tonight after the newest terrorist attacks. Am so sad for the state of the world right now. Please let us know you are all okay!

veganmua

Well, the attack was at Tower Bridge, and the Conference is in Westminster. Hopefully, everyone from the conference is staying close to the venue and didn't decide to go out to London Bridge. But obviously, I haven't heard anything!

Pic- The conference venue vs London Bridge at the top right-hand corner of the box. They're about 3 miles apart.

Hope everyone is ok!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 01.58.30.png
    Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 01.58.30.png
    794.6 KB · Views: 24

Gingergrrl

Apologies I do not know the geography but from your post, the conference venue and attack were only three miles apart? That seems fairly close! Hoping someone from conference lets us know everyone is okay.

Groggy Doggy

Well, the attack was at Tower Bridge, and the Conference is in Westminster. Hopefully, everyone from the conference is staying close to the venue and didn't decide to go out to London Bridge. But obviously, I haven't heard anything!

Pic- The conference venue vs London Bridge at the top right-hand corner of the box. They're about 3 miles apart.

Hope everyone is ok!
The world BBC news is reporting the attack was at London bridge (not Tower Bridge)

It is midnight and there is a triple terror attack on London, including London Bridge. I do hope everyone at the conference is safe.

Has anyone news of all those who attended the conference?

Edited to say David Tuller has said he is safe.

Thank you @Countrygirl and @Kati for the updates.

I'm adding these from another thread. I hope everyone is alright.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I'm adding these from another thread. I hope everyone is alright.

Laurie, Thanks for adding these and I did not realize there was another thread until after I started this one. Am thrilled to learn from Janet's tweet that Ron, Ashley, Raeka, Linda & Don are all okay. Do we know about the rest of the presenters and people attending the conference (and fellow PR members from the U.K.)?

Carl

Yes it was London Bridge and not Tower Bridge. They are often confused.

BTW there were 2 attacks, not just one. People were stabbed in Borough Market. There was another stabbing in another area but that does not seem to be connected to the other two events.

London Bridge
640px-London_Bridge_Illuminated.jpg

Tower Bridge
640px-Tower_Bridge_London_Feb_2006.jpg

Last edited:

Yogi

I didn't see another thread on this yet and wanted to make sure that all our members of Phoenix Rising in the U.K. and those at the London Conference are safe tonight after the newest terrorist attacks. Am so sad for the state of the world right now. Please let us know you are all okay!

I was watching last night about the attacks on London bridge and was worried that people were very close to this.

I saw some of the conference at Tower Bridge hotel but thought most of it was at Westminster.

View attachment 21536 View attachment 21535 Here is a photo of Maureen Hanson, Ron Davis and Mady Hornig chatting after Wednesday meeting. And a couple of photos of the dinner room. What a view! View attachment 21534

Were people staying there?

I just had a bad feeling and didn't want to even write about this last night with so many of our American friends in the exact attack area at the time.

Thanks for letting us know about Ron Davis and Ashley @Kati .

Is David Tuller and Jen Brea okay and Zaher Nahle.

I hope everyone is okay.

Jo Best

IiMER posted, "We have contacted many of the researchers at the Colloquium/Conference in London to verify their safety following the terrorism which occurred in London last night. We have had replies from many of them that they are ok." and Nancy Van HoylandtI said she "contacted all remaining EMEA members and they were also safe
2764.png
❤️"

Gingergrrl

Yes it was London Bridge and not Tower Bridge. They are often confused.

@Carl The pictures you posted of the two bridges are beautiful and I dream of seeing them in person some day.

and Nancy Van HoylandtI said she "contacted all remaining EMEA members and they were also safe
2764.png
❤️"

That is great news and am so glad that everyone from the conference is safe (unless we hear differently). Thanks to everyone who posted updates.