• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis, Ashley Haugen, Linda Tannenbaum and Raeka Aiyar at IiME #OMF

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi Everyone!
Ron and Ashley arrived in London today and were able to walk around London a little before collapsing in their hotel. Linda arrived later tonight. I am posting little updates on twitter, but I thought I'd post my tweets here too, with photos they send me. Ashley will be tweeting on the @OpenMedF twitter account. She is also goiing to make a video of Ron at some point. I'm home with Whitney. I'm sad not to be able to go! It's hard. I'm going to try to add a couple of photos now using my phone! :)

Last edited:

JamBob

Lovely photos - I'm glad Ron and Ashley arrived safely. It's a real shame that you and Witney can't be here too. It must be so hard being left behind (though I'm sure Witney's feeling super grateful that you're there with him).

I really hope you guys will soon be in a position to make it over here to England as a whole family :).

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
It's amazing to see Ron and team in my home town 9although I no longer live in London). Sorry you cant be there - we all know how hard it is to see loved ones going off on exciting journeys and not being able to join them.
Thanks for keeping us all updated x

View attachment 21517 Unfortunately we are having some twitter issues for OMF! But @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) will be tweeting and we will be posting updates here and on Facebook for now!

Ron is touching up his slides with Raeka and we are about to head inside!
Thanks, there's some great info on the laptop screen, this gives me new hope :p

Edit: I wasn't serious in that I could read what's on the screen (people were worried). I will try to be more serious in the future :)
Doesn't mean others cannot read it of course.

Last edited:

Jo Best

Just imagine when we're all well enough to go. They'll need to hire the Olympic Stadium.

Thinking of you and Whitney, @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) . Hope you're not feeling too lonely, and are managing to get enough sleep. I feel blessed that my daughter and I, though both housebound with ME are still able to talk and laugh together. I hope for the same for you and Whitney sometime soon.

:hug::hug::hug: