• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain sucks

belize44

Sometimes I do something to my neck too, where I feel as if a nerve is being pinched. Two days ago it was around my right scapular area and it was excruciating. Whinging is OK! I hope you feel better soon.

SilverbladeTE

Kidney stones, meningitis and actually being fried by red hot steel suck unbelievable ASS for pain, I know this, been there, screamed a bit :eek:

but yeah pain with this gets ridiculous because our normal physical and mental stamina is exhausted, that ghastly "energy/insides feeling like they are being sucked out by a vampire with a Dyson vacuum cleaner shoved up their arse* does really suck...and suck...and suck :p

the duration, lack of much effect form pain killers, all the other hassles just build up into severe ugliness.

In other words
oh yeah I get ya and complete sympathies! :(

add in neuropathy and sciatica and it's horrendous.

daisybell

@mirshine I hear you!
I have been having dental trouble for the past three weeks - 10 days of pain due to infection, and now pain due to having had a wisdom tooth extracted... I've gone through an entire 96 capsule bottle of nurofen in that time. :(
Somehow, it's just too much to have extra pain on top of the normal ME pain...
That's my whinge!
We soldier on...:)

hellytheelephant

@mirshine -In my book it's not classed as whingeing when you have a legitimate problem and are suffering...and IS so much better than CBT sh*te!

Pain is a big big problem for me...and the skin- sensitivity thing ( don't get me started)....

This place is fab- I have moaned about my pain many times and people's support and good cheer has pulled me out of a dark place a few times. Where else on earth could you pitch up for a ( much needed ) rant, and get unconditional sympathy and hugs?! :thumbsup:

Sending you :hug::hug::hug: