• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Efamol's Efamarine discontinued. Need something to replace it

I've been on Efamarine for years, they definitely helped me with pain and maybe with brain-fog. I'd be grateful for replacement ideas.

The MEA was selling them @charles shepherd do you any suggestions? Thanks.

halcyon

That's a bummer. Where did you find this out from? I've been taking it for a while as well and it definitely does help.

I believe Efalex is a similar formula, it appears to still be available as best I can tell.

charles shepherd

I've just asked Gill at the MEA office for a brief update on the Efamarine situation. This is her reply:

Currently there are no stocks of Efamarine in the UK.

I’ve just done a Google search and every site has come up as “Unavailable” or “Out of Stock”.

That includes Holland & Barratt, Boots and Amazon.

One of our trustees has been dealing with this - but Ewan is at a meeting today in Liverpool and unavailable

I will come back with more info if I can find anything useful…...

CS

charles shepherd

I have been told that there are problems with this source of supply as well

Please let us know if anyone is obtaining this product without problem here in the UK

CS

KME

I buy Pharmepa Restore and Pharmepa Maintain direct from Igennus in UK https://igennus.com/. I placed my last order at the end of March for 6 months' supply of one and 12 of another and there were no issues. Vegepa did not make a difference for me even at high dose but Pharmepa did. Pharmepa Maintain has a few other things in it e.g. vit D, but Pharmepa Restore is just EPA. There is very detailed product information on the website so you should be able to figure out which product will work for you. I have found them very helpful and they would, I'm sure, advise which would be closest equivalent of what you've been on, if you like doing it that way. Hope this might help.

@halcyon @charles shepherd

Thanks for everyones replies.

I used to buy direct from Wassen (they together with Efamol were acquired by Vital Heath Foods in 2011) I've spoken to Wassen UK who told me that Efamarine is no longer available but that I should take a bottle of Efamarine in to a Holland a Barrett shop and they would give me a similar product. Can't get to a shop and would rather have a non-profit reply.